Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to splurge at Laconia and bought the hertz component speakers with the Arc 4 channel bridged to 2 channel. I spent the extra money for the XL better components. When the tested it he said tweeters were too high and set them to -2. Amp is set to high. After I left I wasn't happy with how it sounded. Wasn't crisp and clear. Figured after I got home I would fool with the settings.
Questions should I put tweeters on 0 or +2. Shouldn't the amp be set to full since they are my only speakers?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can try it on full range. It may be a bit too much for them. I'd try and set it on high pass and set the crossover around 125hz and see how that sounds. I would leave the tweeters at 0. What are you using for a radio?

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I'd have to ask the same question FLTRick asked, what Head Unit are you using, also what source are you getting your music from, it makes a world of difference, to get good output, you have to have good input.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can try it on full range. It may be a bit too much for them. I'd try and set it on high pass and set the crossover around 125hz and see how that sounds. I would leave the tweeters at 0. What are you using for a radio?
Stock Head unit now but going to put Alpine in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You will get a huge improvement with an aftermarket deck. Don't go cheap get a mid level or higher. Something with clean power and some good crossovers. Vtwin Audio has the nicest looking install kits for the roadglide IMO and they also sell the Hawg Wired handlebar control. Easy to install and works great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will get a huge improvement with an aftermarket deck. Don't go cheap get a mid level or higher. Something with clean power and some good crossovers. Vtwin Audio has the nicest looking install kits for the roadglide IMO and they also sell the Hawg Wired handlebar control. Easy to install and works great.
The Vtwin kit is the one I bought with the Hawg Wired and the splash cover. Going to put the Alpine 149. Kit cost as much as the deck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just did the same radio on my friends bike. The kit looks super clean on the bike. We'll worth the money. Splash cover works awesome too. Radio looks good and seems to work well. He is only running a hog tunes amp on it for now. Your arc amp will come alive with that radio! Now you will have to swap all your gauge lights to match whichever color you choose on the radio! The list never ends!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts