Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, today I removed outer fairing for a few mods. I was planning to install Arc Audio adaptor rings for 6.5" speaker install, however I think that I may be missing some factory parts that are necessary. The bike had J&M speakers in it when I got it, so the factory grills and mounts are long gone. It seems to me that there is something missing, as the adaptor rings don't even come close to fitting. I have attached a couple photos of my existing condition, if anyone can please take a look and tell me what I am missing it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
u need the factory mounts to mount the adapters to. i just installed same set up and it mounts to the factory mount the factory speaker mounted too.. hope that helps

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks suicidecj5.

Any body got a set of factory mounts layin around ?

Part # for '01 RG ?

U

·
0 Posts
Let us know how you like the ARC speakers once you get them installed if you would. I've had them recommended by a retailer over the phone. Subscribed

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, I do not have the p/n, but am subscribing, might buy a new set and start all over.
H, found the part #'s at Ronnie's H-D

77021-98B
SPEAKER GRILLE right
77022-98B
SPEAKER GRILLE left

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hawg Wired ZX's Vs Arc Audio Moto 602's

I just bought a bike with Arc Audio Moto 602's in the fairing and fairing lowers...Sorry to say, I am not impressed. The bike I just sold had Hawg Wired ZX's in the fairing and lowers...both bikes have the exact same Arc Audio mini amps...The ZX's sound so much cleaner, it is not even a contest. Arc Audio does a great job with their amps, but their speakers just don't cut it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
sorry, I do not have the p/n, but am subscribing, might buy a new set and start all over.
H-donut, did I read, "start over"? Do you care to explain?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
H-donut, did I read, "start over"? Do you care to explain?
I probably won't, just updating my parts list, at $20 per side, ouch, they were $13 per side when I started modding, another thing harley does real good is raise prices

happy with 4 up front, for real

back oval speakers, sound okay, more car like, have to balance 6-7 towards the back because amp A is in 2ohm and amp B is in 4ohm

all I have planned is a variable input adjustment knob for fine tuning when it's all closed up your doing 70 and don't have time for menus

plan is to cut the input gains with a sweep knob, could also boost terrible recordings

I don't think he's ever stopped. Learned and learning a lot following his advice
working on future set-up which will be "one louder" - but not for while, want to finish what I have in there now and go one step at a time so I can somewhat keep track of where the convergence points are

·
Registered
106 Posts
i got the arc audio speaker adapters and i am running the rockford 6.75 and they mounted up pretty good i may say. I am also running 6.6 in the lowers,tweeter pod,rockford rears and saddle bag lids with two 300x2 amps. almost all done wiring. so far sounds awesome.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
i got the arc audio speaker adapters and i am running the rockford 6.75 and they mounted up pretty good i may say. I am also running 6.6 in the lowers,tweeter pod,rockford rears and saddle bag lids with two 300x2 amps. almost all done wiring. so far sounds awesome.
that's a lotta splicing

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well... I finally got the speaker situation dealt with. Had to buy the factory speaker adaptors from the dealer to mount the Arc Audio rings to. Cut the screw towers completely off of speaker adaptors and reamed out the mounting slots on rings to make it all work. Covered the face up with some hex grills purchased from Charisma and I'm pretty happy.

Peace

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts