Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know other have had this issue in the past as well...

The Arc Audio Moto 602's were installed in the front using Arc adapters.... went to put the outer fairing on and that was not happening.... I did everything I can do to modify the adapter and mounting surface and still unable to make this work..... prolly going to take them back or sell them but curious if anyone was able to fit this with a different adapter or have any input as to what adapter would be needed?? the issue is the magnet cant clear the leftside of the outer fairing so it wont button up correctly...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
516 Posts
I know other have had this issue in the past as well...

The Arc Audio Moto 602's were installed in the front using Arc adapters.... went to put the outer fairing on and that was not happening.... I did everything I can do to modify the adapter and mounting surface and still unable to make this work..... prolly going to take them back or sell them but curious if anyone was able to fit this with a different adapter or have any input as to what adapter would be needed?? the issue is the magnet cant clear the leftside of the outer fairing so it wont button up correctly...

I had the same problem after mounting my speakers..... I had to rotate my adapters so my speakers were closer to the gauges in the inner fairing... That gave me just enough to get the outer fairing back on...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
What the last two responses have been. It is a snug fit with the Hertz speakers and arc adapters also. Try the above 2 options first, one or both should make it work!

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I talked with Brian at Arc Audio ( customer service is amazing, more on that later)...... We got to talking and when I got to describing my arc adapters I bought off ebay, somthing was a little fishy and basically I do not have real arc adapters, i have some one offs from a California Audio sales place. The adapters I have are way to thick, thus not allowing the arc moto sleakers to not fit. Like stated above, the fit is already snug, this made it impossible. A audio place about 1hr from me had the real Arc adapters in stock so I went to pick them up along with some Focal 6.5 Integration speakers for the pods. These speakers mounting depth is less than 2" deep, and sound quality is awesome. Now I am on my way back home to do the install.
My system will now be:
2- 6.5" focal Integrations in the pods
2- 6.5" Arc Moto 602's in the front
Pbr 300x4 stock deck....... Cant wait to hear it! I appreciate all your responses and time!

As for Brian at Arc, best customer support i have had, period.... They will let u talk with the engineers that actually design each speaker, not just a hotline full of computer responses...

I will let ya know how it sounds after I am done!

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
You will have to post who's selling fake Arc adapters on eBay so others will know to stay away. Also send those back. Let us know when you get it done.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
967 Posts
Report to eBay as well if you got fake item as you didn't received what was advertising. You should get a refund.
Great that Arc help you sorting this out.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great news scootin.

yap!! Got the system installed!
two focal integration IC - in the rear pods, mounting depth of these is less than 2 inches!!
two ARC MOTO 602's in the front - powered by a pbr 300x4

this system rocks! FOCAL's keep the music nice and crisp, while the moto's just plain kick ass! loving this system!

DBELL, got a new thread going with all the info about the fake adapters!

thanks for the kind words bro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts