Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel a little silly asking this but are handlebars centered on a Road Glide?

I was looking at my bike and noticed that the handlebars are off to the right side of the bike. I thought I must be crazy but when I got out the tape measure and checked the right side is about 17 1/2 inches and the left about 16 inches from the center of the bike to the tip of the bar.

Can this be right?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
412 Posts

I was looking at my bike and noticed that the handlebars are off to the right side of the bike. I thought I must be crazy but when I got out the tape measure and checked the right side is about 17 1/2 inches and the left about 16 inches from the center of the bike to the tip of the bar.

Can this be right?

Thanks for your help.
Oh thanks!! Now my anal retentive self will be heading to the garage with a tape measure, calipers, micrometers, and laser aligners!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe one side is longer to accommodate a cup holder :D

I have noticed when riding with no hands around 80 I have to shift my weight to the left to keep the bike tracking in a straight line. Now I know what you're thinkin', I shouldn't ride that fast with no hands, but when I try riding slower with no hands my bike wobbles to much!! :D:eek::D

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe one side is longer to accommodate a cup holder :D

I have noticed when riding with no hands around 80 I have to shift my weight to the left to keep the bike tracking in a straight line. Now I know what you're thinkin', I shouldn't ride that fast with no hands, but when I try riding slower with no hands my bike wobbles to much!! :D:eek::D
You need to get the steering head bearing adjusted. Shouldn't wobble at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

W

·
0 Posts

Can this be right?

Thanks for your help.
You are not the only one as others have brought this up before. You have to watch out for the children on this forum because they like to play games at times. :eek:

You might want to say hi in the newbie section and include a pic of your bike. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts

Can this be right?

Thanks for your help.
Maybe your bike was put down? Or maybe when it was transported somewhere they really yanked on one side with a ratchet strap?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your help.
Here's what I discovered - Took the cover off for the bar adjustment. The bars were off center. I can only guess this happened during set up.
Anyway, all is good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts