Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been checking out JRI's rear shocks. Question is are they worth the cash? I just know I will have to do something about these stock HD air shocks, they really suck! Air leaks down, have to check psi b4 every ride, on my second set already and just under 5000k. The first set got to where wouldn't take air rode to local dealer & there was oil all over the back of the bike. Bad seal, they replaced under warranty no problem. Love my HD dealership. But I ride 2up 90% of the time with a lot of crap......and these things still bottom out & or ride rough. I not fat by any stretch nor is the wife 295 between the both of us. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Yes they are , Howard gives forum discounts so they are less than posted , the A model are good if you want to just set the sag and go , the B model are better but take some adjusting to get the most out of them

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have the J R I and lovem....not just the ride but handling long undulating sweepers much more stable and planted.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bought the JRI stock length for my '08 FLTR. Bought from Howard.

Installed them, easy install. If you like aesthetics of quality machining, you will like JRI. I have not ridden them 'cause also installing FullSack dual header mod, and other stuff. Removing the o2 was a b&t$h. Ended up removing entire exhaust system; now reinstalling.

Performance Suspension Monotube on front. After the Monotube and new tires with balance, no wobble - no hint of wobble!

I'll report back when on the road again.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have the b's and I love them, with the discount they aren't really that much more than progressives but the build quality is a ton better

What he said. I adjust by two clicks when the wife rides and adjust back when solo. Ride is much better and shock is custom fit to me.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I have the b's and I love them, with the discount they aren't really that much more than progressives but the build quality is a ton better

Absolutely the truth. Not to mention the JRIs aren't mass produced, they build the shock for you based on the information you provide.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for all the info! I think I'm gonna order the B's so I can adjust 2up & solo.:D Sure was a lot cheaper on the Wing vs the RG, but not near as much fun!!! Thanks again Mark.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey one more question, anybody know about how long it takes to get them? Spring is almost her you know.:)

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
My hiney says they are worth it!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Howard's in Daytona this week and very busy, just in case you have a hard time contacting him.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Been checking out JRI's rear shocks. Question is are they worth the cash? I just know I will have to do something about these stock HD air shocks, they really suck! Air leaks down, have to check psi b4 every ride, on my second set already and just under 5000k. The first set got to where wouldn't take air rode to local dealer & there was oil all over the back of the bike. Bad seal, they replaced under warranty no problem. Love my HD dealership. But I ride 2up 90% of the time with a lot of crap......and these things still bottom out & or ride rough. I not fat by any stretch nor is the wife 295 between the both of us. Any recommendations?
Have you checked the Monroe 'vette shock swap on this forum. Seems like a cheap way to get quality adjustable airshocks if you're in the market. Ther's top notch tech tips on how to do the mod. Check it out before dropping coin.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bought the JRI stock length for my '08 FLTR. Bought from Howard.

I'll report back when on the road again.
Beautiful weather in north central Florida. Bike all back together, so went for a 200 mile ride through rolling countryside. The suspension is much better than stock. Progressive monotube on front, JRI "B" on the rear, stock 13" height. Was the $1,000 for parts plus my labor time worth it? For me it was. The bike feels more planted on the road, more stable, more confident in the long sweepers. Somewhat like the difference between a 1970 Cadillac suspension and a Corvette

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I think I paid 625 for mine a year ago

1 - 20 of 77 Posts