Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, has anyone used the downloadable manuals. None of them say they are from Harley. I like the idea of PDF on my tablet, but dont want a cheap imitation. Thanks, adown

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've used mine for the past 4 years, handy as heck when you're on the road. Highly recommend it. I think I paid about $25 or so.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have all the owners and service manuals on my iPad. Great for trips but I've never had to use it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I grabbed one from jke motor manuals. It is a pdf photocopy of the HD service manual. Non searchable but clearly readable. For under 10 bucks, it was nice to have in a pinch.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Where can I get one?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought my PDF service manual off of ebay a few years ago. It is clickable and searchable and everything. I think they get around the copyright issues by selling you their time to make it searchable and all that...

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Hi all, has anyone used the downloadable manuals. None of them say they are from Harley. I like the idea of PDF on my tablet, but dont want a cheap imitation. Thanks, adown
Harley does not sell any kind of a "Digital Format" of any manuals for sale to the public.
Any you find are Not supported, or authorized by Harley Davidson.
If you buy one, you take your chances. If it is no good, you have lost out.
Possession is also a Federal crime of Copyright Infringement.
If you are computer literate, you can buy an Authorized Manual, and copy it to digital format, for your personal use. This is authorized, by law.

I, personally have a bookcase full of Service Manuals, Part Catalogs, and Accessory Catalogs.
They come in handy.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Lol, 'cheap imitation',, its a flipping manual, not a performance part... SMH at just how stupid that sounds! lets see, $10 for a version on my computer and using PDF OCR software it can make it searchable, or $100+ to have the paper version that rips, tears, gets greasy, lost, stolen and you are out the dough! You could have at least said, 'i need the paper version because I cant use a computer well' or 'I dont have the computer by my garage and its too long of a walk to the house'... cheap imitation for a manual,, still makes me laugh!!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I, personally have a bookcase full of Service Manuals, Part Catalogs, and Accessory Catalogs.
They come in handy.
and they're right there, on the shelf, any time you need to study or reference them.

they're printed in indelible ink, on a substrate that is renewable, grown, controlled and harvested just like the meat you eat from your grocer.

critical thinking isn't being taught anymore; it's all available at the select button. and we will pay when the lights go out and can't search anymore.

from the resident luddite lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts