Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hey guys, I am stuck on what cold weather gear to get. What are all you using?
Fox Creek Leather Classic II Jacket - H-D chaps - and two pairst of gloves with gauntlets and just the right amount of lining so you can still have a good tactile feel on the controls. I also keep a nice, soft cashmere lightweight scarf to wrap around my neck and tuck the two ends down onto my chest before the jacket goes on.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
You need to define what cold is to you. here 40 is a great day to ride no heated gear. Other place 40 is end of the world heated gear head to toe.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
If you can work out in your garage or under a canopy all day at 108 - 110 degF with only a fan, 40F seems pretty damn cold, to me 🥶 :ROFLMAO:
I have work my ass in Middle eastern dessert. And frozen it off again in extend below zero. Still have not figured out witch is worse.

Reactions: MORider

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
I still have my Gerbing heated jacket and gloves and they work great for cooler rides .
I had a extra power harness for my heated gear and I installed that harness in my Polaris Razor .
It starts to cool down around 3:30 to 4:00 pm and it does get down to the low 50's to the high 40's this time of the year .
But the high temps are getting up to the low 60's to the mid 70's right now. We will get some days where the high may get down to the high 50's so heated gear does make for a nicer ride.

Mark

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
True that. Ive been in AZ since 1980 and my blood is like 0W-05 now. Either one will kill ya if not prepared 🥵🥶 Right now it’s 71 in Phoenix, and 31 in Alpine, AZ
I do ride in Cold. Below zero more times than I care to think about. So cold you have to go out and start the bike or it will not start the next morning.
I had HD heated gloves for 10 years before they went cheap. I abused them with no mercy and they lasted 10 years. I now have heat liners and heated grips.
I use a heat Damon vest that fits me snug and is adjustable depending on how I wear it .
getting older has resulted in a very good riding suit jacket and pants that work in all wear.

I have used a cup of coffee to thaw windshield at a motel

This was the bike yesterday morning when I went out.

Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

• Wow
Reactions: ALMOONEY

·
Registered
657 Posts
I do ride in Cold. Below zero more times than I care to think about. So cold you have to go out and start the bike or it will not start the next morning.
I had HD heated gloves for 10 years before they went cheap. I abused them with no mercy and they lasted 10 years. I now have heat liners and heated grips.
I use a heat Damon vest that fits me snug and is adjustable depending on how I wear it .
getting older has resulted in a very good riding suit jacket and pants that work in all wear.

I have used a cup of coffee to thaw windshield at a motel

This was the bike yesterday morning when I went out.

View attachment 451723
Well I commend you. That's not for me, never liked the cold... I do better with riding in 110 deg than 45 deg.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
At one time Gerbing was without a doubt the best in every way.
When they sold out the company that took over cheapened the brand ,dropped the life time warranty.
The family latter opened up under a new name but seems they new brand never caught on.
Gerbing made the HD brand years back when it was a great value.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Heated grips, and heated vest are the way to go.

I rode the KLX300SM all day Wednesday and since it doesn't have enough spare amps had to layer to stay warm while riding. This meant quickly getting hot when stopped and stripping off layers as the day warmed. We get 30 degree shifts in Temps here.

With heat, much easier to regulate as the Temps change.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts