Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
88 or Skyline Drive out of Mena to Oklahoma is a nice drive. Don't forget to stop at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge for some good food.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Arkansas rides

Gorgeous view at Petitjean State Park.
Also told Pig Trail around Fayetville is a nice ride.
hwy 7 north from I30 to Missouri is scenic.
Great state for riding in western half.
Very biker friendly.
If your interested I can put you on to a nice, beautiul lake condo for $350 per week (yes 350 per week) In Hot Springs, on Lake Hamilton.

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
Mena to Oklahoma is probably the best route if you are looking for somthing senic with mountains etc. The leaves are turning so your timing is really great. If you really want to push it once you hit Oklahoma go to Robbers Cave as well. The Pigtrail has lots of tight turns and is tons of fun, you can easily hit Eureka Springs, be sure to stop at the dealership in Rogers Arkansas, and dependent on where you start I would consider jumping up to Noel, Missouri on the same day. I have done both rides in the past three weeks and plan on going back soon and doing these rides two to three times a year.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just spent the last two weekends riding Arkansas. There are a ton of beautiful rides. Highway 23 has the pig trail south of Brashears. Don't overlook a side trip east on 215 to Oark and stop at the general store for lunch. Mount Magazine is a great ride and is the highest point in the state. Eureka Springs is a wonderful stop with tons of great roads. North of there on 23 take 187 over to Beaver. Take the one lane wooden bridge over Table Rock Lake. Highway 7 is another great road south of Harrison. Also look at 125 out of Missouri and take the ferry across Bull Shoals lake around Peel. I would also stop at Devil's Den State Park south of Fayettevile.

You can't go wrong riding this state.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for all the inputs. I'll be sure to post the details when I get back
Did you make it back?

I just spent the last ten years living in Hot Springs AR.

And as everyone has said, stay west of I30 South of Little Rock and the scenery is great.
North of Little Rock, almost all of it is good, from OK to TN.
I would avoid the interstates completely, they have the most big truck traffic I have ever seen.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup - Made it back. Talihena, Ok to Black Springs AR. via the Talimena Byway. A stunning drive by itself. Something about riding on top of the mountains that just rocks. Worked out way to Hot Springs then got onto 7 and headed north up past Russellville to Jasper then back down towards Hector before widing our way towards Mountain View then Batesville before working our way to Memphis TN. All backroads, lots of curves and great roads (good condition) Took almost 3 days, camped out twice (Talimena and again up at Hector) and hotel once. After riding the Natchez Trace Parkway, rode from the south east corner of Arkansas back up to Fort Smith. I'll be going back to try some of the of the other roads - I think AR will be a vacation destination for awhile.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yup - Made it back. Talihena, Ok to Black Springs AR. via the Talimena Byway. A stunning drive by itself. Something about riding on top of the mountains that just rocks. Worked out way to Hot Springs then got onto 7 and headed north up past Russellville to Jasper then back down towards Hector before widing our way towards Mountain View then Batesville before working our way to Memphis TN. All backroads, lots of curves and great roads (good condition) Took almost 3 days, camped out twice (Talimena and again up at Hector) and hotel once. After riding the Natchez Trace Parkway, rode from the south east corner of Arkansas back up to Fort Smith. I'll be going back to try some of the of the other roads - I think AR will be a vacation destination for awhile.
That's awesome, you passed right through my old stomping grounds.

I lived in Hot Springs Village off Hwy 7, used to make the trip up 7 almost daily. Talimena is a great ride, but I have to say, the stretch of 7 north of Russellville is AWESOME. I really like Harrison and Mt. Home area a lot.

I do plan on riding down next summer, plan on making more than a few weekend trips down next year.

When you get a chance, Petit Jean State Park, Mt Magazine State Park, and Devils Den State Park are all EXCELLENT destinations.

Glad you enjoyed it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts