Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
"only requires minor disassembly of the front forks"

That's funny right there.
Uh, by the time you get down to the damper tubes there ain't much disassembly left, those are the last pieces to come out just before you. you pull the whole tube out of the lowers.
"Minor", that's funny.

Anyway, absolutely go with the monotubes, the difference in ride and handling is huge.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeh, I haven't found ANY reviews on these at all on the web. And since they're putting on new fork lowers they're gonna have em broke down anyways.

The problem I see with the monotubes from what I gather from reading the posts here, and there are plenty of posts and good reviews, is they seem to have a stiffer ride.
I know that might be great in the curves but I don't want it to be any stiffer. These roads here are bumpy enough. If I am reading/understanding this wrong please let me know.

Also, and this is a biggie for me, they don't have them in 1.5" lower. You either have 1" or 2". I don't think 1" is going to be enough and 2" mite be too much.

If I don't hear any good things about these Ness I might look into the progressive lowering spring set. At least those can be cut to whatever height you want.

Thanks

Ricky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts