·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does it ride?

In rides twice as stiff as the stock shocks. My back hurt after a 40 mile ride as the roads in New England are not very smooth. I have the better Aldan shocks going in later today and hope they are a little more plush.

Mac

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Thing with air ride, any brand, is finding the "sweet spot". A gauge is a must. Typically I make two red marks on the gauge, one is for solo riding and one is for 2up. I've run the Arnott Bilstien setup before......rides like air ride (not great/not horrible) lol but looks pretty sweet lay'd out when parked :) and that's got to count for something lol.

Air ride isn't going to give a plush sofa ride......if that's what is wanted, I'd personally look into some $$$ shocks. But then your stuck at a set height. Choices choices choices ;)

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
As stated, get an air gauge. I pump mine up to about 60 lbs until I get moving. Then I pump up until I feel everything smooth out. Usually around 65 lbs. I have had both Arnott shocks. I had the same experience as OP with the Bilsteins. The Alduns are quite smooth when you get the proper pressure in them. I use the 13" shocks but don't usually pump them up all the way with either passenger/no passenger. Just 'butt' feel. I have the Autogage air guage. JMO. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As stated, get an air gauge. I pump mine up to about 60 lbs until I get moving. Then I pump up until I feel everything smooth out. Usually around 65 lbs. I have had both Arnott shocks. I had the same experience as OP with the Bilsteins. The Alduns are quite smooth when you get the proper pressure in them. I use the 13" shocks but don't usually pump them up all the way with either passenger/no passenger. Just 'butt' feel. I have the Autogage air guage. JMO. :)
I installed the Aldans a few hours ago. I needed to make some spacers as they upper eyelet was hitting my 2-point mount. The do seem softer. I also ordered a 160 psi SS liuid filled gauge from McMaster.

Mac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts