Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed the top of the line arnott system. I am having a difficult time understanding the adjustment strategy, could someone please explain this to me or maybe I am over analyzing this.

I am a light weight (165lbs). I pumped it up to 45lbs, the height seems to jump from slammed to full height around 35-40lbs. Should I be aiming for somewhere in the middle of the shock adjustment range? What's the minimum air pressure I can ride on? Any idea where to set the adjustable thumb screw for dampening?

I can't believe these question are not answered on their site.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
A quote from Arnott to me "you will never use more than 2 clicks on the thumb adjustment". They adapted a set of shocks to fit their marketing scheme. I have never changed my thumb adjustment since putting the shocks on 3 years ago.

As Tracey says, air it up all the way then bump the discharge button twice to release some air. The psi gauge is subjective. Mine changes whether I have my tour pak on or not. Once I get enough air into the shocks to start raising the bike the psi gauge stays at the same reading. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts