Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find to many reviews on the arnott bilsteins but probably looking to make a purchase pretty soon. Im currently riding on 1' lowering blocks on stock 13" and its pretty smooth. Will the bilsteins give somewhat the same ride and is there high speed wobbles at 80+?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
A couple of my friends are running the Arnott systems, They absolutely love them. They swear they are way better than the legends air ride and cost a lot less. When you two up you just add air, these guys run them flat most of the time so they can drag there bags (dont ask) I am interested in picking up a set but i have ABS which is in the way of mounting the air compressor behind the side cover on the left side. So i have to decide either mounting it in bags or behind the fairing. My first choice is the fairing since i dont like my bags cluttered. hope this helps

·
Registered
96 Posts
arrnott bilsteins

i've been running the arnott bilstein air ride for about 2 1/2 years,they have performed flawlessy for me.i have a 09(with abs) and mounted the compressor in front of the battery.some folks say it won't fit ! guess what,it fits.all you need is a little patience and a little coaxing and it goes in.as far as the wobble you talk about,i've never had a prolbem with that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why not do the home made air ride for like $150 ???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why not do the home made air ride for like $150 ???

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Careful when reading reviews. Arnott has 2 different air rides. The bilsteins for around $600 and the others for around $1000. So when you read "they are great" they might be referring to the $1000 set.

The bilsteins don't have different settings where as the others have a an 11 position ride setting.

Ricky

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I was referring to the $600 set. A friend of a friend just installed one this weekend on his batwing. Everybody seems to love them. I have seen some bad reviews on other forums but the guys i know running them swear by them

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Oleschool You have any pictures of your install? I was gonna eliminate the air compressor and use a CO2 bottle from a paintball gun with a regulator. a 3 1/4 dia. by 10" bottle holds 3000 psi at 45 cu. in. of volume and just mount it in the bag

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does anyone know which Bilstein shock is used in this system? Seems you could use this shock in place of the Monroe Corvette shock and eliminate the over extend problem of hitting the pipes with the 14" Monroe.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Check out the Arnott website they do have a specific shock but it costs way more than the corvette monroe shocks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Donjulio whats the $150 dollar version you speak of? the corvette shocks?
Yeah, can't beat it. Much better than stock and they go lower than Arnott.

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
Careful when reading reviews. Arnott has 2 different air rides. The bilsteins for around $600 and the others for around $1000. So when you read "they are great" they might be referring to the $1000 set.

The bilsteins don't have different settings where as the others have a an 11 position ride setting.

Ricky
Those are the Aldan series...thats what Frankie & I run on our bikes. HogWild has a set of the Bilsteins. Im sure he'll chime in here and tell ya more about em. I rode on the back of his bike a few times in Daytona and they seemed pretty comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
Yeah, it took a bit of adjusting & riding, adjusting & riding but I got em dialed in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was riding my stock 13" shocks on my Road Glide all season with 5 psi solo and around 20 psi when riding 2-up. I found a great deal on the Arnott Billstein's and installed them a few hours ago. I then went for a 40 miles ride and for the first time this season my back is KILLING me. No matter how much or little pressure the ride with the Billstein's is ROUGH. Very Very stiff. I found a set of the Aldans and will install them Monday when they arrive. If there not at least as smooth as the stock shocks I'll be going back to stock.....for sure. Now to pop a few Tylenol and off to bed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts