Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to put my chrome front end on and I have 1 Question with the installation of the lower legs. When I install the forks into the lower legs can I put the bottom drain bolt that goes into the dampiner in then before I do the seal or after I put the seal in. I have herd mixed reviews some say you have to put spring in and tip upside down to do it. I would like to just do it before the seal and just snug it with the 1/4 air drive. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
809 Posts
you can do it before the seal is put in but you will still have to put the slider in with spring and turn it up side down or the dampener (sp?) will rotate

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I see what your saying with the dampiner. I never thought that it would just spin. I get why you need to put the spring in so that their is tension on the dampiner. Thanks you

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Here's the install pages from the manual. Crap - ya might have to copy the photo's to your computer so you can enlarge (see) them or use the button in the right corner of your computer screen to enlarge the screen size to 200%.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts