Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I need a lift, due to being in Australia and space limitations a table is out of the question.

How would a atv lift as below also what's the best method of use.

Roll underneath strap up then lift up. Then as it lowers down it would act an extra footing.

680kg is 1400lb+

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,565 Posts
I use a lift like this due to space as well. You lift and then strap down.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
619 Posts
It hard to tell from pics, but the lift pads don’t look very wide/ long. It’s an ATV lift vise a MC lift, for a reason..?.

Pads look like they may be 15” or less, square with the wide of the jack. What’s the glide frame width?

Doesn’t look like a any room for error... I’d personally steer clear not know for sure.
I may be talking out my ass, it’s morning coffee time.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Basically the same as my Harbor Freight jack. On a side note I hardly ever use it any more. I got a $50 scissor jack that I use way more then I ever used the full bike jack.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
It hard to tell from pics, but the lift pads don’t look very wide/ long. It’s an ATV lift vise a MC lift, for a reason..?.

Pads look like they may be 15” or less, square with the wide of the jack. What’s the glide frame width?

Doesn’t look like a any room for error... I’d personally steer clear not know for sure.
I may be talking out my ass, it’s morning coffee time.
You can move the pads to the out sides of the jack to give you more room. That's what I did with mine and I've never had an issue with it.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Most lifts of that type are used for both. However that one appears to be a bit over priced for what it is.
Try Harbor freight of you are looking for a low cost one that works.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Most lifts of that type are used for both. However that one appears to be a bit over priced for what it is.
Try Harbor freight of you are looking for a low cost one that works.
He’s in Australia.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I had a similar one that was made by Sears way back when. I think I sold it to another member on here. It worked fine, but I was always a little nervous when the bike was elevated on it. It had tie down loops welded onto it. If space is limited that is a good choice

·
Registered
150 Posts
Don't like the lifts...I like tables I am also short on room to store a 4' x 8' lift table....I stand it on end when not in use.
Wood Floor Gas Flooring Ceiling
Wood Floor Gas Flooring Ceiling

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Don't like the lifts...I like tables I am also short on room to store a 4' x 8' lift table....I stand it on end when not in use. View attachment 431732
Was just looking at mine an hour ago, trying to figure out a way to keep it standing against the wall when not in use. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't like the lifts...I like tables I am also short on room to store a 4' x 8' lift table....I stand it on end when not in use. View attachment 431732 View attachment 431732
Ok when i said low on room i mean zero room. im planning to put a bigger shed in but still will only be 12x20ft (its all i can fit in)
Here is my current 10x10 insurance sai dthey must be locked up, new sheds are a 4month wait (getting mate to do it so im low on the list)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Gas Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
The lift you show is the one I have .. Here it's marketed by Torin and is called the Big Red or some such , mine works great .. I got mine at a flea market quite a few years ago for $75 .. Think it sells for around $150 USD or so new .. Bike may rock a little front to rear depending on where you put the lift .. I have had it high enough to change the tires and when I was doing major work a few years ago the bike stayed off the ground on the lift for several weeks , no issues ..

I thought I had a pic or three of when I did the work and it was up there higher than these pics

JtB

Plant Motor vehicle Floor Vehicle Gas
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm no mechanic but do have jnr air shocks comming as well as 3 high comp built Harley's I'd rather do a mid interval 2500 mile change as well as basic maint.

I still want engine builder doing all my log book services.

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
Where in Oz are you ? Mate was in Sydney and moved to Mittagong NSW and bought a big spread there .. He's a Beemer guy tho' ..

JtB

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rockhampton Central QLD.

Harley's and street legal Honda z50's is all u need

1 - 18 of 18 Posts