Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a reasonably priced upgrade to my stock audio. I wouldnt mind spending $1,500 for the upgrade including installation. What would you all recommend?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been looking at the Stage II HD upgrade.

·
Registered
753 Posts
For that budget you can do a great upgrade. More later on that. From this day forward every time you hear boom and audio upgrade in the same sentence throw up in your mouth a little bit. Get that thought out of your head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's your suggestion and where in South Dakota can I get it done?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm not familiar with the area, but the installation really is pretty simple and would recommend doing it yourself.

For that budget and a 2 speaker system I would go with Hertz ML 1650.3 and the diamond audio 4V2 amp bridged to them. With a line leveler and amp install wiring you'll be right around $1200. I'm a little biased because I'm running those speakers in both bikes and the amp in one bike. The speakers are loud, clear, and sound great. Some people talk about being able to hear speakers clearly at 70 mph+, with the right song you will feel those speakers hit in you the chest at 70 mph. I'm sure there's a speed above which you can't hear them clearly, I haven't been that fast yet. The only negative I've ever heard about them is the cost, they're not cheap for sure.

If you're thinking about adding additional speakers in the future the amp recommendation would change, but I can pretty much guarantee you won't outgrow the speakers up front.

If you've looked around at all you know this audio stuff can be very confusing, a million different options and combinations. Those speakers are a solid platform to base a system off of. The amp is a mid level amp but works well with those speakers and hertz in general. Hertz speakers like power and that amp bridged has plenty of it and better than average sound quality. You'll need the biketronics line leveler, they sell the speakers as well. Highly recommend them for great service before and after the sale, they won't steer you wrong. Would also recommend Badd Azz Bikes out of Texas, they sell the amp and speakers but not the line leveler. Have used both of them personally (biketronics multiple times) and never had an issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the Hertz ml 1650.3 waterproof and mad for bikea?

·
Registered
753 Posts

I believe they are water resistant but not waterproof. Hertz doesn’t have a bike specific line to my knowledge. This will be the 3rd season for them on my 16 and they have been in some serious storms with zero issues after multiple trips in hours of continuous rain.

Weather is one reason I prefer components to coaxial, it’s simply harder for water to get to the guts of the speaker.

·
Registered
454 Posts

I believe they are water resistant but not waterproof. Hertz doesn’t have a bike specific line to my knowledge. This will be the 3rd season for them on my 16 and they have been in some serious storms with zero issues after multiple trips in hours of continuous rain.

Weather is one reason I prefer components to coaxial, it’s simply harder for water to get to the guts of the speaker.

Nope spray them with scotch guard.

·
Registered
974 Posts
You will be banned from this forum forever if those words are ever mentioned again! :) :)
Don't knock the man because Psychological Warfare from Moco says upgraded Boom /Stage1 or Stage 2 , they add icons/# to make sound system the best out there....Not to mentioned Price??
Anyway, good luck chasing the Audio unicorn!!
Remember, cry once, pay once!!
Roadie is spot on....BT hertz are solid and proven, good amp too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts