Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'05 FLTRI with 120,000 miles........While riding home from the Lone Star Rally I noticed my volume control knob was missing. Stopped at a local dealership and to my surprise they had a knob ($8 and change). The package contained the little audio knob and a small what looks to be a curved copper piece. No instructions. I have looked in the factory service manual.......no help. I tried to google it.......tried youtube.......no help.

I looks to me like the little metal piece is to create some friction to help hold the knob in place......just not sure how it all goes together........its not obvious.....well to me anyways.

Anyone shed some info on it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one really? I can't be the first to lose a knob.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey cloud. On my 06 I could not keep one on! I finally went without one. But to install what I was doing was putting the wedge inside the knob and sliding it over the pin, I think the wedge holds pressure onto said pin. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey cloud. On my 06 I could not keep one on! I finally went without one. But to install what I was doing was putting the wedge inside the knob and sliding it over the pin, I think the wedge holds pressure onto said pin. Hope this helps.
Thanks........I just isn't obvious how this all goes together. The manual says nothing to clarify. Thought about breaking out the hot glue gun.....lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts