Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The audio button when pushed does nothing. It does turn the volume up and down like it is supposed to. What buttons on the radio (if any) can i make audio control changes with? The operator manual says the soft buttons (4-6) can do this but they are doing nothing on my radio. Can someone steer me in the right direction on this? It is a 2011 ultra. I'm trying to decide what has the problem, radio or handlebar controls. The handlebar audio control used to work.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is there a setting to divert the Audio to an external headset? Is that set as the default, that may be what your volume is controlling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The volume works like it is supposed to. It is supposed to access the audio controls(balance, fader, etc) when pushed, but it doea nothing. I was wanting to know if this can be accessed with buttons on the radio itself, instead of the handlebar controls.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
The audio button when pushed does nothing. It does turn the volume up and down like it is supposed to. What buttons on the radio (if any) can i make audio control changes with? The operator manual says the soft buttons (4-6) can do this but they are doing nothing on my radio. Can someone steer me in the right direction on this? It is a 2011 ultra. I'm trying to decide what has the problem, radio or handlebar controls. The handlebar audio control used to work.
immo, what head unit are you running?
Is there an amp in play?
Have You made any changes at all to Your Stereo System?
If so, try disconnecting Your Battery for about 10 minutes or so and see if Your System resets itself.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Mine did that once. I sprayed some contact cleaner up in the switch. I haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
2011 stock head unit. reset didn't help.
immo, here's a self diagnostic check for the HK unit.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

How to access the radio’s diagnostic display:

1. Press the eject button and remove any CD.
2. Press and hold any two soft keys (numbered buttons 1-6) then turn the ignition switch to ON.
3. Once the H-D logo is displayed, the radio’s software does a complete switch check, scans for current DTC’s, and then displays the radio diagnostic display.
4. Release the soft keys ONLY after the radio diagnostic display appears.
5. If there are shorted switches, the display will show a DTC and brief description of the source/cause of the problem.
6. If there are no shorted switches (or other DTC’s) the radio display will read “Diag Test” and allow several functions, e.g. checking the switches, checking the software version, etc.

· If a switch is functioning properly, the display shows the switch name and “OK.”

· Verify that the switch you are checking is the switch identified in the display. Because of the switch wiring, the display may show “OK” but the switch identified in the display may not be the one you are testing, so you need to verify.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. The holding the buttons thing worked. When the diag screen opened up, I didn't know what to do then, so I closed it before I messed something up. What I did discover was if you hold the ptt button to the left, and push the audio button in, it brings up the audio controls every time. Who knew? Thanks Mike U for your help.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
ok. The holding the buttons thing worked. When the diag screen opened up, I didn't know what to do then, so I closed it before I messed something up. What I did discover was if you hold the ptt button to the left, and push the audio button in, it brings up the audio controls every time. Who knew? Thanks Mike U for your help.
You're very welcome Brother!
Glad You got it all worked out.
Mike U.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts