Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not one that's been shy with an opinion on how to fix or upgrade just about anything dealing with our Sharks except for when it comes to Audio. I have never in my life been into stereo equipment on anything especially a motorcycle but now I am considering upgrading the fairing speakers and adding an amp to my 18' FLTRXS. I know what the HD options are but, you know the deal and I'm not going down that road. I can buy the stuff and install it myself but Bikeweek is ramping up even as we speak and I could just take it to one of the vendors there and have them do it because you usually get a deal on the installation. I know J&M will be there but I can't even remember who else usually shows up because I've never had an interest before. What I am looking for is just upgrading the 2 fairing speakers and an AMP that would possibly give me the option to add 2 more speakers in the lower fairings down the road if I so choose. What are some good cost friendly options?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm an authorized dealer for Soundz now... finally went legit last year. We have a full range of systems to complement your bike from budget based to high end.. all quality components. Hit me up for info.

Or... go see Peter Jensen at the Soundz trailer and tell him I sent ya... he will there with his crew

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an authorized dealer for Soundz now... finally went legit last year. We have a full range of systems to complement your bike from budget based to high end.. all quality components. Hit me up for info.

Or... go see Peter Jensen at the Soundz trailer and tell him I sent ya... he will there with his crew

Awesome bro! Thanks a ton! PM'ing you now.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

There you go!

SoundZ one-thousand times over J&M. Boom Stage Kits or J&M wouldn't ever find a home in one of my bikes.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
There you go!

SoundZ one-thousand times over J&M. Boom Stage Kits or J&M wouldn't ever find a home in one of my bikes.
Thank you Brother... I wouldn't be on board with Soundz if I didnt 110% believe they are top quality.

Currently.. I am running 4 Carbon 65s in faring and lowers, Iron 69.2s in the lids with a Digital Signal Processor ( HD-DSP ) all powered by our SS4.100 amp... I use it to demo.... I dont talk much after that... lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
There you go!

I'm in the same boat as RGken. Care to elaborate why no on J&M? I have read that the boom audio are overpriced for what they are. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm in the same boat as RGken. Care to elaborate why no on J&M? I have read that the boom audio are overpriced for what they are. Thanks for the info.

The simple answer is same problem as boom. Way overpriced for the result, and yes I have used them in the past.

Do some searching here and other forums. For every 1 person that loves them it’s easy to find 4-5 that won’t go near them. Easily the most despised vendor in bike audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The simple answer is same problem as boom. Way overpriced for the result, and yes I have used them in the past.

Do some searching here and other forums. For every 1 person that loves them it’s easy to find 4-5 that won’t go near them. Easily the most despised vendor in bike audio.

Very true... I dont knock (badmouth) other brands.. individuals have their preference and what they are will to spend. I usually tell people to listen to several different demos (research) before pulling the trigger. But if I get a phone call, text, email, pm..etc... their mind is already usually set.. it's just a matter of budget at that point.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I must be in that crowd of 'like" as I had the 600 Watt J&M Rokker 4 speaker kit thing put in my '17 and LOVED it - Was it s show piece....no, for the $$ (I think it was like $1500 installed?) and the sound clarity I had, zero complaints - All I wanted was a system that at 80MPH, it was "Clear" and I found that in my Rokker - With my iPhone plugged in, streaming Pandora, at 80 MPH and above, I was between half volume and 3/4, depending on the recording of the track and I ran that Memphis Sahdes 6/5 screen - I inquired about systems on this board a few times and was just flat out overwhelmed with everything (Like being 5 yrs old and having Einstein explain Math to you) - Motor work, Suspension work, I get that like I do breathing.......Sound Systems are a foreign language to me - Was at my Dealer and heard one of the Sales Reps ride in on his RG and the system sounded great....before he even hit the lot - I told the Shop..."Give me what he has" and was not let down

If I could find a place to ride in, listen to and then decide, I am sure would have and maybe even gone a diff route but for an ignorant fuck like me who wants simplicity and clarity......the Rokker did me fine.

In this case, I would trust Spazz 150% but that sum bitch ain't gonna ride to my crib with the gear and tools and hook that shit up for me........and the Boom 2 Crap in my '18 has to go - Not sure what I am going to do about it just yet

·
Registered
4,909 Posts

Agree 100% about being the most despised vendor. He used to flood every damn audio thread with sales pitches which annoyed the hell out of everyone. I've never dealt with them but never will because of His past antics.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Like Spazz says go with Soundz. Peter and Maddie are great. They will get you hooked up and that is a fairly quick install. I may take a week off between jobs next week and help them out, I konw they will be slammed. Call Maddie and she can get you a price and scheduled. I ran Rockford for almost 6 months and hated it, Peter swapped in his set up and it blows it away. I have enough faith in them that I have sent them Indian customers and now he has developed kits for them as well.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
In this case, I would trust Spazz 150% but that sum bitch ain't gonna ride to my crib with the gear and tools and hook that shit up for me........and the Boom 2 Crap in my '18 has to go - Not sure what I am going to do about it just yet
LOL!!

Thank you Brother! I appreciate the support. maybe we can work something out if you are serious. I have had guys ship me their head units, I flash them using MY BIKE and send them back with their new system. I don't do it all the time, but on occasion, due to an individual's location, this can work if there are no Soundz dealers close to them.

The systems are completely PLUG AND PLAY.... so no cutting/hacking up wires. if you can run a screw driver/torx driver and a ratchet with a few sockets... it's VERY doable for the average owner. Just throwing this out there.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like Spazz says go with Soundz. Peter and Maddie are great. They will get you hooked up and that is a fairly quick install. I may take a week off between jobs next week and help them out, I konw they will be slammed. Call Maddie and she can get you a price and scheduled. I ran Rockford for almost 6 months and hated it, Peter swapped in his set up and it blows it away. I have enough faith in them that I have sent them Indian customers and now he has developed kits for them as well.
Do you know where they will be set up and can you send me Maddie's number?

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Do you know where they will be set up and can you send me Maddie's number?
Ken, here's the Contact Info for Soundz as per their website.
If you're having trouble reaching them let me know I have another number for Pete.
Pete's a great guy and will help you with whatever you're interested in.
He may be busy tho with Daytona Bike Week coming up.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

Soundz Motorcycle Audio Experts
OUR LOCATIONS
4001 N Cliff Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57104

(605) 274-3535
-----------------------------
700 Ridgewood Ave
Holly Hill, FL 32117

(386) 256-2200
Mon-Fri 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: By Appointment
Sun: Closed
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ken, here's the Contact Info for Soundz as per their website.
If you're having trouble reaching them let me know I have another number for Pete.
Pete's a great guy and will help you with whatever you're interested in.
He may be busy tho with Daytona Bike Week coming up.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

Soundz Motorcycle Audio Experts
OUR LOCATIONS
4001 N Cliff Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57104

(605) 274-3535
-----------------------------
700 Ridgewood Ave
Holly Hill, FL 32117

(386) 256-2200
Mon-Fri 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: By Appointment
Sun: Closed
[email protected]

Thanks Mike, I actually just left a message at the number from their website just before I saw this. So if they have the store in Holly Hill I guess that would be the location to go to as they would not have a tent setup anywhere, correct?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hmm... Seems I have a Soundz dealer about an hour or so ride away from me. Guess I have an adventure this summer to check out.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Thanks Mike, I actually just left a message at the number from their website just before I saw this. So if they have the store in Holly Hill I guess that would be the location to go to as they would not have a tent setup anywhere, correct?
Ken, I'm sure that Soundz will have a Big Tent setup at Daytona.
If you go to their website you can put in your bike and it will let you choose Head Units Speakers and Amps and give you an idea of price.
Once that is complete someone from Soundz will definitely get in touch with you and you can setup a time to get it all installed.
If you don't mind doing the install yourself let me know and I can give you some info on good equipment to purchase.
Mike U.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
if you can run a screw driver/torx driver and a ratchet with a few sockets... it's VERY doable for the average owner..
Thx Man...........but on the side of all my tools, box included, it says "Fischer Price"......you know, so I don't hurt myself or others........but I will fuckin run with scissors in a HEARTBEAT..........dont sleep on me man, I'm a tooth Chipper

1 - 20 of 30 Posts