Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last year I had some port issues with my HK and took my bike to a local car audio installer who said he "has done tons of bikes" good person but I've had nothing but issues since install, radio power has gone out 3 or 4 times. Deck fried ( Alpine Marine) he wired steering wheel controls put in new deck and I already had HW upgraded speakers. Well after all this trouble I figured out he has only done Bat Wings and the Vibration of my fixed fairing with a stage 4 119 hp with a Thunderheader is just too much vibration for this guys install. So on the 4th power loss I brought it my local bike shop who BTW does not do audio much at all great engine guys. He says that it is such a mess of wires in there that he is afraid to touch it! So he runs a sturdy grounded power cable to the deck , it works and he says close it up fast, because he does not want to touch anything else. Now 1st ride of the season I hit a bump last night and all of a sudden I hear this really loud BUZZ coming out of the speakers, controls don't work, take face plate off, shut bike off...nothing still really loud! Take off bag pull radio fuse re insert starts working again. Really frustrated!! Any suggestions for me? Whole new system? Take it to a hike radio guy?

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground. Best bet, run ground off the battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts