Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put tweeters/speakers in 2 of your gauge spots? If so what did you use? Which gauges did you remove? Did they work well?

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
You should be able to search the audio threads, (or hopefully somebody will post some of the links), it has been done by a few. As far as gauges removed, air temp is definitely the first to go, I forget the other. I personally use all my gauges and replaced the air temp with an oil temp gauge. My tweets are mounted in the speaker grills.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
You should be able to search the audio threads, (or hopefully somebody will post some of the links), it has been done by a few. As far as gauges removed, air temp is definitely the first to go, I forget the other. I personally use all my gauges and replaced the air temp with an oil temp gauge. My tweets are mounted in the speaker grills.

Sent from my SPH-L710
I'd get rid of the fuel Gauge and just go off my trip meter. I agree with DBell though, there are other places to mount a tweeter that achieve the same effect. The metal Hawg Wired grills can be cut to accept a tweeter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I'd get rid of the fuel Gauge and just go off my trip meter. I agree with DBell though, there are other places to mount a tweeter that achieve the same effect. The metal Hawg Wired grills can be cut to accept a tweeter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Hawgwired grill cut for tweeters.

1385830840393.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
587 Posts
My cvo already had tweeters, so it was a quick speaker upgrade for me. I would think swapping the gauges for speakers would be a relatively easy undertaking. Maybe someone who's done it will chime in soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts