Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install J and M 360 watt amplifier with 4 speakers and 2 kicker subwoofers 150 watt rms each. I think i will install 2nd amplifiier for the kicker subs. Headlight and taillight are LED now. So question is how much watt is 2012 FLTRU stator???

·
Registered
22 Posts
The stock stator is 50 amp. At 14v that would be 700watts. You have to subtract whatever your bike is using to run from that to get available wattage for audio.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick answer and very useful info. I cant find any info how much watt is needed for J and M 360 watt, 4 Channel Amp is a full range class D amplifier and puts out 90 Watts RMS per channel (360w total) driven continuous into a 2 ohm load @ 14.4vdc. Let me know please!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Thanks for quick answer and very useful info. I cant find any info how much watt is needed for J and M 360 watt, 4 Channel Amp is a full range class D amplifier and puts out 90 Watts RMS per channel (360w total) driven continuous into a 2 ohm load @ 14.4vdc. Let me know please!

I'm not sure exactly what info you're looking for as far as available wattage. In theory, as long as the amp is getting the recommended voltage (14.4vdc) it will supply the advertised wattage to the speakers. The amp's INPUT is voltage, OUTPUT is in watts to the speakers. @14.4vdc it will perform as advertised, any less, say with a weak battery or inadequate charging system, it will supply less. Any more, you risk burning up your amp.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What i need to know is how much watt power takes 360 watt j and m amplifier in normal working rms condition from stator which is 700 watt power. What i mean is if i install j and m amplifier which is 360 watt and one more 500 watt amplifier how much watts they will take from stator together. That would not be 860 watts am i right.?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
What i need to know is how much watt power takes 360 watt j and m amplifier in normal working rms condition from stator which is 700 watt power. What i mean is if i install j and m amplifier which is 360 watt and one more 500 watt amplifier how much watts they will take from stator together. That would not be 860 watts am i right.?

It's not going to take any watts from anything. Your audio wattage is produced within the amp itself. In regards to your audio system, what your charging system sees is an increased load due to an increase in electrical accessories being powered by the system. The more important number is amperage draw. I think the stock charging system is 50 amps. I'm not sure what the amperage draw of J&M amps are, but one or two motorcycle amps can be easily supported by the stock charging system.

I run three 400 watt amps, 8 speakers and a subwoofer off my bike. I did upgrade to the HD upgraded charging system, but only because my voltage regulator went out under warranty and HD only charged me the difference in price of the additional parts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
sharknose ,,,,,,

good post ,,,,

the J&M amps 360 & 500w RMS draw around 10-14 amps average at max volume ,,,,,,

NOTHING that the stock charging system can't handle ,,,,,,,

but when Harley BoomII starts adding 3 and 4 amps to the bike, that is when things can get out of hand ,,,,,,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you guys! So my audio update is:
1. 2 spekers 7,25 JM speakers in fairing
2. 2 subwoofers Kicker 6.75" CompRT 2 Ohm in lower fairing
3. 2 speakers 5,25 JM in tourpack
4. JM 360 watt amplifier for the speakers in the fairing
5. KickX 2.160 700 watt amplifier inside the tourpak for the subs

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just curious, what bands you listen to in Russia?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am a metal fan )) The best bands ever fo me are: Cannibal Corpse , Deathspell Omega, Gorgoroth and Die Apokalyptischen Reiter earlier stuff! By the way my RGU is now being repainted in Canibal Corpse album covers artworks. In a couple of months I will show you the new look!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts