Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo went out after an aggressive wash job Saturday. Needed to get her clean for the year and I needed the therapy. It was a 3 beer project. It actually ran for a while after I finished but then stopped. I let it sit for 2 days to make sure it was dried out. First I changed the fuses (4 & 5). I checked the error messages and got nothing and I am getting some power to the unit because I can put a CD in and take it out. Currently I am running stock head unit, arc mini amp and hertz speakers. Any thoughts on if this is shot. Or is it too hard to tell from just this limited info?

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Sounds like the amp my be gone. Did you check the fuse for the amp ? It should be close to the battery. If its good ,Take the fairing off and bypass the amp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gary, that is what I suspected, but if the CD player is operating. I thought I would get some readout on the head unit. I can't even get the HD logo. The fuse is attached to the amp on my amp (ARC KS Mini 125.2 Mini) so I will be pulling the ferring and working from there.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Sounds like there could still water in there then. I once got water in my amp on an old ultra, when they put them under the tour pack. It took over a month for it to dry out. Ever since , I never spray water with any pressure directly at anything on the bike.
I'd still pull the fairing to run a few checks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts