Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be adding an audio system shortly to a friend of mine's Road Glide Ultra... Trike (no saddlebags)

I've used the J&M stuff... but I'm looking for extremely loud, and extremely clear.

What do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have the J&M Rokkers in my fairing, lowers, and trunk pac along with their 500w amp. Stupid loud and surprisingly clear.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
i am please with my J&M Rokker XT in fairing & lowers with J&M 250w. great customer service and warranty.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hawg Wired and Frank at Drago's

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I've used all of the J&M Equipment on the RGs and Ultras. Some Hogtunes, but only on Ultras (dash pod, and factory upgrades, but never Hogtunes amp setup)
hawg wired isn't the same as hog tunes

hawg wired has a whole new line coming out, maybe they'de want the exposure and cut you a great deal - their 6.5's sound better than HAT, imho

sounds like a fun build, look forward to reading about it some more.

since you have more room for an amp, possibly something bigger, pair of xd400 amps.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Tough one. I have mid-level focals (P165V30s I believe, would have to check box) and they are loud as heck and extremely clear across entire spectrum. Buds tell me the focals sound crisper when i roll in. To me, they are slightly better than ZX for around town and up to maybe 60/70 mph. Past that and the ZX sound seemed to penetrate better. Obviously neither as clear at this speed than when chilling but ZX seemed louder at this point. All said and done the difference is minimal. Both are awesome. So...given the lower price point of the ZX (go to Frank!!) I would do that but either will make ya happy.

I just had the focals laying around and since my new bike has the fairing mounted tweeters I used that space for my focal tweeters rather than the ZX with the bridged tweeters and having to figure out what to do with the unused tweeter space in the fairing. Hope last paragraph made sense.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tough one. I have mid-level focals (P165V30s I believe, would have to check box) and they are loud as heck and extremely clear across entire spectrum. Buds tell me the focals sound crisper when i roll in. To me, they are slightly better than ZX for around town and up to maybe 60/70 mph. Past that and the ZX sound seemed to penetrate better. Obviously neither as clear at this speed than when chilling but ZX seemed louder at this point. All said and done the difference is minimal. Both are awesome. So...given the lower price point of the ZX (go to Frank!!) I would do that but either will make ya happy.

I just had the focals laying around and since my new bike has the fairing mounted tweeters I used that space for my focal tweeters rather than the ZX with the bridged tweeters and having to figure out what to do with the unused tweeter space in the fairing. Hope last paragraph made sense.
Nice detail thanks. Makes perfect sense.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts