Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this forum's gonna be the death of me... What started out as just a light read has gone to me selling my HK unit and I can't decide on what to replace it with...

I already have the house party system from Yaffe, but want a new head unit...

I have it down to Sony or Alpine, but I can't decide...Here's the issue...

I have read on Cruthcfield that Sony's tune tray is not very reliable, very interested to hear what RG riders have to say...I like the new Alpine media center unit, but can't find where to buy it...

I use an iPhone 5, but will get an older ipod so the interface works with sony if that's what I end up doing...

Opinions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a lower end Alpine in my truck and I'm very pleased with the bang for the buck. Not sure what model it is but got it off of crutchfield for $159 a few months back.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
i have sony. tune tray works fine. unit works fine. very pleased.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Got a Sony gtui930?,...i think, in my bike and an Alpine btu9886 , ithink , in my Silverado.
There is MOST DEFINATLY!,...more compressing tune ability, non-compressing, w/the Sony, and , I use thumb-drives on my bike. Reason why I mention this is, when I put the thumbdrive in my bike, the readout on the screen says 525 songs.
With the Alpine , it only plays 100 songs from a thumbdrive.
If I had to do it again, which I thought in the beginning Alpine was the way to go, I do believe I'd stick w/my Sony for my motorcycle.

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
I ordered the sony DSX-S310BTX for my bike personally cause of the 4volt outputs and the tray that the ipod sits on. I cant speak for it yet cause i wont have it installed till may when i get home but ive read great reviews on it.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Another one for Sony, I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I ordered the sony DSX-S310BTX for my bike personally cause of the 4volt outputs and the tray that the ipod sits on. I cant speak for it yet cause i wont have it installed till may when i get home but ive read great reviews on it.
I got the same unit, and likewise haven't installed it because I'm waiting for other components. I have hooked it up on a bench to test it, and am happy with the layout of it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Im an Alpine person. Ive got the marine receiver iDA-X100M and love it. Its handled lots of miles, lots of rain and has yet to fail or disappoint me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts