Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my speakers and possibly add a amp to my 2013 RGU. The factory speakers have always sounded distorted with base over halfway. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Wide open area, how much are you looking to spend, how many speakers, any more expansion in the future, and are you looking for plug and play or are you comfortable doing some wiring?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If your comfortable doing your own work check with Garage Baggers in Greenville S.C. Let Chris know what kinda of budget you have and he will build you a system. Very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a Facebook page.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
If your comfortable doing your own work check with Garage Baggers in Greenville S.C. Let Chris know what kinda of budget you have and he will build you a system. Very knowledgeable and helpful. They have a Facebook page.
Definitely a good source, he also makes a lot of "plug and play" wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
23 Posts
speaker upgrade

J&M has speaker upgrade for stock stereo.I just had fairing done. I'm happy with them and will do rear later.Lots of choices ,first decide how fancy you want and only have to do it once.Try browseing on line catolog like J&P for ideas and prices.

·
JMJOHN
998 Posts
Garacer0 ,,,,,,,

very best bang for the buck would be this amp http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMAA-3600HR06-RC ,,,,,,,,

these UPPER fairing speakers http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HRSK-7252GTM ,,,,,,

these LOWER fairing speakers http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HLPS-7252 ,,,,,,,,,,

leave the rear pod speakers alone for now, as 90% of what you hear on the highway at 80 mph will come from speakers in front of you, not behind you ,,,,,

all 100% plug-n-play with NO mods to the motorcycle or wiring ,,,,

·
Registered
590 Posts
up grade

Buy your self some hi quality 6.5 coaxle speakers hertz or audison you will need an amp.the more clean power you can deliver to the speakers the better.if you look at some of the speakers other people are offering you will notice the magnets are small.not good! To move a speaker correctly you need a powerful magnet. If you set up the fering correctly you will not need speakers any were else.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Buy your self some hi quality 6.5 coaxle speakers hertz or audison you will need an amp.the more clean power you can deliver to the speakers the better.if you look at some of the speakers other people are offering you will notice the magnets are small.not good! To move a speaker correctly you need a powerful magnet. If you set up the fering correctly you will not need speakers any were else.

A good pair of 6.5 coaxial or components preferably, like Focal Kxx 165, or Hertz hi energy 165 with a high quality amp will make a huge difference. But.......if you decide to put speakers anywhere else, like EVERYWHERE else, you will not be disappointed. 😉

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm gonna brag a little again. Was in Sturgis and have Alpine type R's and they survived a 6 hour monsoon and sat in the weather no protection at all and work great. And there $120 a pair and sound unreal!! 1/3 as much as Hertz.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
All of my speakers used to be Alpine type r's and they held up great in all kind of weather. As a matter of fact, the only speaker I've ever used that water bothered were a set of biketronics.

I still have type r's in my tourpak pods (the hertz and focals won't fit) and my subwoofer in the tourpak is alpine as well.

The majority of well made and properly installed speakers will stand up to the weather. But that's where the comparison ends with type r's, focals, and hertz. The sound quality is on a whole different level. But for the money, the type R's are hard to beat.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I cannot comment on J&M because I have never heard them outside of a Bike Week tent. Never seen them customer installed and tuned or even on the road, so I can't knock or endorse them.......except the fact that they misspelled fairing on the boxes you posted. 😉

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Testament
Been in the bike for 90k, Sturgis a few, rain forest alot, drenchEd and dried, still get, that jams when through an SD card
This ^

mine have only been in about 30k,and through lots of rain.No garage for my bike,only a cycleshelter.Mine are also the rocker XT's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts