Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just bought at 2017 RG Special last week and I'm upgrading a few things, audio being one of those. I have the basic 6.5 radio with Nav but the audio is not strong enough when I'm on the highway. Don't plan on going with more than an amp and speaker change on the faring.

Any suggestions on things that have worked for you?

Thank you,

Eric.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of informative threads here in the Audio section about Rockford Fosgate, J&M, Soundz Customz, HogTunes, Boom Audio upgrades and other independent options. I've been reading them because I'm planning to make a change to my stock Boom Audio system in the near future as well. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, been reading all night on this. Seems like Arc moto's 602's with the 600 amp does the trick?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Peter & Sue at Soundz Customz and you will NOT be disappointed!
Awesome support, great customer service and QUALITY sound gear!

Give them a call.
You will be very glad you did!

Stage VI kit with 600 watt amp. Adding lower fairings and 2 more speakers... cuz I can!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new Shark.

What kind of budget are you looking at for the audio upgrades?

Along that same line, what are your expectations from the system?

The reason I ask is that you can do decent for a relatively small amount of cash, or you can go big and have a system like for instance Spazz's which will literaly rock your world.

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the reply, what I'm shooting for is being able to listen to tunes, clearly (better than stock) when driving 3 hrs to the beach :)

With stock set up, I hear a bit of music but not clear at all when rolling 70 MPH. I'm kinda an audiophile (home set up), don't need to blow the windows of the cars next to me but I'd like to be able to hear a song when going at speed.

I guess quality over quantity?

Budget? I'd say 1k to 1.5K ideally? there's some room in there too.

Thank you!

E.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I would check out Biketronics if I were you. They have fantastic quality amps and packages that are truly plug and play. Their amps have no settings or gains to tweak (some people think that is a negative instead of a positive), but they are really strong amps that don't interfere with FM signals. Oh, and they are made here in Idaho. Oh, and there is a lifetime warranty. Oh, and their customer service is truly THE best in the biz. If you email or call, most likely you're going to get ahold of the owner of the company. They really want you to be happy and help figure out any issues or questions you have.

I went with the Biketronics BT4180.14 4 channel (their 2 channel is the 2180 if you will never do more than the two fairing speakers), and the Arc Moto 602v2 speakers. The other amp I was looking at was that Arc 600.4, which is a solid amp too. Also would not interfere with FM signal like a lot of Class D amps. The only reasons I went with Biketronics was that I got a great deal on the amp and that lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Very cool, thank you, I'll give them a call.

Great support on this site guys, thank you for sharing the wisdom!
If you end up going with Biketronics, tell them you are a forum member and they will give you 10% off!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You can piece it together cheaper than buying a "Package". The hot setup now is PA speakers. Don't jump into this decision. There is another forum that has a ton of info on audio stuff. Some guys have basic 4 speaker systems, some are competition bikes and everything in between. The guys over there have tried everything and know what works and what doesn't. They test amps on the bench, test speakers with different amps, Test the setups going down the road. Do it once and you will be a lot happier and have money left over

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I second to call Peter Jensen of Soundz Customz... well worth every penny... check out my video for Soundz in the audio section

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Soundz customz is the way to go, their new speakers and amp are amazing. Their system is plug and play out of the box. Just plug in and go. I also know a shop that gives a discounts on their equipment.

I have used nothing but then in the last 3 bikes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very pleased with my Soundz Customz system too. Had it done in Wildwood, NJ - bike week. They travel to all the bike events. Free installation at the event.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys, sounds (no pun intended) that I have a lot more homework to do here. Biketronics and Sound Customs will get a call from me, wish they were closer to me to install...would love an event near me and have them do the install too.

Thanks again, need to go watch a video now ... ;-)

·
Registered
852 Posts
The best complete Plug and Play system on the market right now is the new SoundzCustom with their new Carbon Speakers and their new amp.

Peter had Hybrid Audio Technologies go back to the drawing board and design this new speaker for a motorcycle from the ground up. Before this new Carbon series their has never been a Coaxial speaker with a tweeter/mid range of this quality. It has an extremely tight sound disbursement to focus the sound right at you and less sound lost to a wide disbursement. it's efficiency ratings are off the charts

This system is expensive, but not as expensive as doing your system 2-3 times chasing the Unicorn.

If your wanting the Cadillac of complete plug and play "riding' stereo systems this is it.

There are custom sled stereo designer/builders that can put together some killer systems, I know several and have total respect for them. But for my next personal build, I will go with the SoundzCoustom Carbon setup

·
Registered
684 Posts
The best complete Plug and Play system on the market right now is the new SoundzCustom with their new Carbon Speakers and their new amp.

Peter had Hybrid Audio Technologies go back to the drawing board and design this new speaker for a motorcycle from the ground up. Before this new Carbon series their has never been a Coaxial speaker with a tweeter/mid range of this quality. It has an extremely tight sound disbursement to focus the sound right at you and less sound lost to a wide disbursement. it's efficiency ratings are off the charts

This system is expensive, but not as expensive as doing your system 2-3 times chasing the Unicorn.

If your wanting the Cadillac of complete plug and play "riding' stereo systems this is it.

There are custom sled stereo designer/builders that can put together some killer systems, I know several and have total respect for them. But for my next personal build, I will go with the SoundzCoustom Carbon setup

Well I have to say that is about a ringing endorsement as it gets. As if Spazzs video wasnt enough to make you want to take out a second mortgage.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts