Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Didn't see a size or price, but the amp I was looking at said 1000 watt 2 channel amp and when you look at the specs, the actual wattage is 220 at 2ohms and 150 at 4ohms. ........ I don't know what the price is, but that's not to impressive IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
26 Posts
ChevyBoyS2H,

I'd recommend NOT buying them. A friend had them installed on his system and was not satisfied. The rating appear to be a little high for what they truly put out. If you want a mini amp, I'd stick with the Rockford PBRs. I have a 300x4 and 300x2 on my bike. The x4 is pushing two sets of Fosgate PPS4-6s and a set of Soundstream SST-05s. No issues and it is plenty loud.

Bobby

·
Registered
203 Posts
Any reviews on these or has anyone tried one. Price wise...it sounds like winner
To put it nicely they SUCK. Had a friend install a couple of these in his boat they are really overrated. There are plenty smaller and better amps for a little more money. I run the Massive Audio amps in my RG. Currently have a NX-2 mounted in the fairing on top of my Alpine deck. Its running two set of Hertz components one in stock and one in the inner fairing facing forks. Its LOUD and best of all CLEAN sounds have yet to have it shut down even in the summer heat jamming all day. I just added another set of Hertz components in Camtech SPL speaker lids. Gonna swap out the NX-2 for a BX-4 soon and run all 6 speakers. I intend to also add some Hertz 6x9 later down the road. Just another option as I wanted to try a different amp after seeing most bikes with the Rockford and ARC Audio amps.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
if it's a value hunt, the rockford PBR300x2 amps are about as bang for the buck as you can find, and fit under the fairing neatly and securely

with several people already running them, some collective knowledge about what they do and why

an easy price point

and after miles and miles, weather, mine are still going strong

it's not so much the brand but form factor, and performance

if you have the coin, hawg wired is a good choice, the list goes on and on

size matters too, it has to fit, or ends up sitting in a box in the garage, not on the bike, ask me how I know

size, design flexibility, user base, price

reiterate at least the first two

another way to put it is "MINI" amps are larger than "MICRO" amps, and I think you would prefer the micro amp for ease of installation

ssl amps are hot wired, and have fixed crossovers

PBR size 1.53" x 4.25" x 6.75"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts