Road Glide banner

August BOTM

9K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  Vinnie 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the August Bike of the Month Competition!

Congratulations to our July BOTM winner, @Zedbra
Bike entry post details: July BOTM

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations Zedbra. The ole girl has class and some spunk I’m sure. Not many get ridden as much or taken care of as well. Well done

TY to the other entrants for participating. I’m glad to see this thread come back to life.

#9 ·
Thanks gents. I always say, she's no prom Queen, but in my hands, she'll always get ya home. ;) This is my forever bike, gonna keep it running until I can't find a 12 point 10mm anymore to swap the brakes (or whatever tools I need at the time). What I can find, is 16" tires front and rear. ;) Roll, roll, roll, let yourself go

#11 ·
Mine is 1480/1500, one of the last to leave the line. Even though the TP is a quick release, I always have it mounted through the riding season, it only comes off through the winter when the bike goes up on the hoist. I ripped out all the Ultra wiring harness front and rear - I don't have a CB or Comms - never will.

#15 ·
Congrats Ian.....

WTF......OK I'll play for August....

My naughty girl...Christina.....love how I turned her from a Special to an Ultra (and not even done...of course)....she's been my trusty steed....she just turned 30K....many road trips (Rt66, Glacier/SWIX, SWXI/Bonneville Salt Flats/Yosemite) and all have been epic and memorable.....

Sky Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Mountain
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Green Automotive tire

#17 ·
2018 Road Glide Special: 21" enforcer wheel, Klockwerks Wrapper fender, Legends AXEO21 cartridges, LA Choppers Kage Fighters, La Choppers pull back plate, Klockwerks 9" Black windshield, 1FNGR adjustable levers, Arlen Ness mini stocker mirrors, ODI Hart grips, JD custom fab stainless hand guards, Jim Nasi dash, Joker Machine Gas cap, 13th cult tank emblems, Vance and Hines Air Filter, Bassani Road Rage 3 exhaust, Vance and Hines FP3, Saddleman Step up tuck and roll seat, Screamin Speed and Fab side covers, Legends 13" Revo - A 18' enforcer rear wheel, Custom Pelican Tour Pack, Thrashin Supply and Arlen ness foot controls, Added rear bag guards, Chopped Mullet light, Continental Conti-Tour tires.

Just recently took a 1k in a day around Texas and New Mexico. Ended up with 1200 miles in 20 hours. Took me by a couple Harley stores, the Diner from Wild Hogs, and the Cadillac Ranch.

#18 ·
There are some great bikes....I mean AWESOME bikes in the BOTM running. Great idea by the Admin & Mods here. Every month is a new treat. I hardly feel qualified to put mine in here. Belatedly....major compliments to Ian (Zedbra) for his 'you're not getting older...you're getting better' Glide which won for July. That's one I always admire. I haven't followed things too closely here recently, as I've had a sudden onset of vertigo which has disabled me from riding completely. So I took a bit of time to list up the (omg) stuff we've done to our 2020 Road Glide Limited. I give huge credit to my fantastic wife for her enthusiasm and input. I also credit the RG Forums and so many of its members with helping make this ride into what she is. Our dream ride come to life; here is PIKLZ:

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Automotive tire

Custom project bike from time of purchase
Wheels changed to chrome Aggressors
Chrome H-D forks and sliders
Chrome rotors
Factory 47 bars x 12”
H-D Kahuna heated grips in black
H-D Extended saddlebags
TopShop CVO-style rear fender with integrated lights
All lights changed to smoked lenses
Chrome H-D detachable tour pak mount
H-D Air Wing luggage rack
Custom Dynamics Probeam Ringz Bullet Bezel turns up front
CD Low Pro Bagz saddlebag lights
CD Probeam Tour Pak arms
CD luggage rack led lights
CD Sequential LED windshield trim
CD Dynamic LED vent inserts
H-D SE Ventilator intake
H-D SE Tuner
Khrome Werks 4.50” HP Plus pipes with Tracer Tips
Khrome Werks Torque Monster inserts
H-D Swept Wing chrome passenger footboard pans and mounts
H-D Swept Wing chrome extended rider footboard pans
H-D Swept Wing x Slipstream pan inserts rider and passenger
H-DSlipstream highway pegs
Ciro Adjustable passenger peg mounts with Ciro Rail pegs
Softbrake extended brake pedal with smaller Dyna pad in Slipstream
Softbrake extended heel and toe shift levers with Slipstream pegs
H-D Slipstream mirrors
Dakota Digital Gauges
Klock Werks Curvaceous Dash Console
H-D Flush mount fuel cap and trim ring
H-D Hidden antenna
SiriusXM module installed
WHIM unit installed
Freedom Shields 14” smoked touring windshield
Pro-Action Street series shocks x 13”
Pro-Action fork rebuild with new springs and damper rods
Le Pera RT66 touring seat with rider backrest
Seat, backrest and tour pak pad restyled by Custom Stitching Co – leather and Alcantara with contrasting stitching.
Completely custom painted including side covers, mid-frame deflectors, inner fairing, custom dash and bag hinges.

Best of luck to all the entrants. We're all lucky to own such great rides!

Kev

#20 ·
Well, I wish I had better news. I've had this vertigo for 8 consecutive days and it's not going away. I just went for a short walk outside and felt drunk the entire time. I'm queasy or even nauseated about 50% of the day. Have lost 3 pounds (not missed though) from reduced intake. There's simply no way I can touch the bike currently. I wouldn't be able to get it out of the garage without a wreck. I know this isn't BOTM-topic stuff, but I really appreciate you asking Ian.

Anyway....trying to get an ENT appt soon. My wife is concerned and watching over me like a hawk.

The forum helps me pass some of the time. I'm grateful to all.

#25 ·
Here is my '21 Road Glide Special. Sold my Chameleon Flake Street Glide for this. I haven't had much time to ride due to working 14 hour days every day for the past 7 weeks as well as still recovering from spinal fusion. Looking to get down to Hill Country for a weekend in TX and hopefully the Galveston Rally this year. Current list of mods:

Fairing spoiler
Custom wrapped front fender
13" fused handlebars
Screamin Eagle Ventilator breather kit
RCX Tormentor head pipes
Tab Performance mufflers with zombie baffles
Screamin Eagle 447 torque cam
Adjustable pushrods
Screamin Eagle tuner
Mean City Cycles rider/passenger seat mods
Legend Revo-A rear shocks
Custom dynamics led filler panel lights
Custom dynamics led run/brake tribar
Led front/rear turn signals
Led headlights
Saddle shields
Curved license plate frame

Attachments

#26 ·
@StoneTrekker hope your vertigo isn't like my Mom's. About 50 years of age it started and about ten years later it went away, with no rhyme or reason. Never an issue since....

#27 ·
I know it can be a very troubling and puzzling condition. No way to guess how it all plays out, but I'm staying confident. Yesterday was pretty tough. I spent the entire day either sitting inside or puttering in the house for brief periods. I was really screwed up with vertigo....walking like a drunk guy. I slept away some of the hours while my wife worked and worried about me.

This morning and day have been markedly better. My balance is still off, but the severity is maybe only 30% of what it was yesterday. No nausea, and I feel more aware of the world around me. I'm really hoping to see the ENT doc tomorrow.

Appreciate. Kev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.