Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,839 Posts
Well, I wish I had better news. I've had this vertigo for 8 consecutive days and it's not going away. I just went for a short walk outside and felt drunk the entire time. I'm queasy or even nauseated about 50% of the day. Have lost 3 pounds (not missed though) from reduced intake. There's simply no way I can touch the bike currently. I wouldn't be able to get it out of the garage without a wreck. I know this isn't BOTM-topic stuff, but I really appreciate you asking Ian.

Anyway....trying to get an ENT appt soon. My wife is concerned and watching over me like a hawk.

The forum helps me pass some of the time. I'm grateful to all.
Sorry to hear about the vertigo issues Kev.
Take it easy and hang in there Brother.
Wishing all goes well for you.
Keep Us Posted and Oh Yeah, Best of Luck on BOTM with Your Gorgeous Glide!
Mike U.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sorry to hear about the vertigo issues Kev.
Take it easy and hang in there Brother.
Wishing all goes well for you.
Keep Us Posted and Oh Yeah, Best of Luck on BOTM with Your Gorgeous Glide!
Mike U.
Many many thanks Mike. I'm pretty sure I'll defeat this at some future point. The road is just rougher than I prefer right now. Always appreciate your inspiration!

Kev

·
Registered
598 Posts
My co worker who rides had the same thing. Ended up having Meniere's disease in his right ear. Steroid drops helped but not completely. He ended up having his inner ear disabled and a hearing aid installed. All good now. He is approaching 60 I belive. Btw, you're bike is a stunner. Gets my vote.
Dave....that sounds like one of my old friends who dealt with Meniere's. Surgery stopped it but he paid a heck of a price in suffering. I sure hope this isn't what's going on with me.

Thanks for the kind comment.

Kev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my '21 Road Glide Special. Sold my Chameleon Flake Street Glide for this. I haven't had much time to ride due to working 14 hour days every day for the past 7 weeks as well as still recovering from spinal fusion. Looking to get down to Hill Country for a weekend in TX and hopefully the Galveston Rally this year. Current list of mods:

Fairing spoiler
Custom wrapped front fender
13" fused handlebars
Screamin Eagle Ventilator breather kit
RCX Tormentor head pipes
Tab Performance mufflers with zombie baffles
Screamin Eagle 447 torque cam
Adjustable pushrods
Screamin Eagle tuner
Mean City Cycles rider/passenger seat mods
Legend Revo-A rear shocks
Custom dynamics led filler panel lights
Custom dynamics led run/brake tribar
Led front/rear turn signals
Led headlights
Saddle shields
Curved license plate frame

Attachments

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
@StoneTrekker hope your vertigo isn't like my Mom's. About 50 years of age it started and about ten years later it went away, with no rhyme or reason. Never an issue since....

·
Registered
598 Posts
@StoneTrekker hope your vertigo isn't like my Mom's. About 50 years of age it started and about ten years later it went away, with no rhyme or reason. Never an issue since....
I know it can be a very troubling and puzzling condition. No way to guess how it all plays out, but I'm staying confident. Yesterday was pretty tough. I spent the entire day either sitting inside or puttering in the house for brief periods. I was really screwed up with vertigo....walking like a drunk guy. I slept away some of the hours while my wife worked and worried about me.

This morning and day have been markedly better. My balance is still off, but the severity is maybe only 30% of what it was yesterday. No nausea, and I feel more aware of the world around me. I'm really hoping to see the ENT doc tomorrow.

Appreciate. Kev

·
Super Moderator
9,839 Posts
I know it can be a very troubling and puzzling condition. No way to guess how it all plays out, but I'm staying confident. Yesterday was pretty tough. I spent the entire day either sitting inside or puttering in the house for brief periods. I was really screwed up with vertigo....walking like a drunk guy. I slept away some of the hours while my wife worked and worried about me.

This morning and day have been markedly better. My balance is still off, but the severity is maybe only 30% of what it was yesterday. No nausea, and I feel more aware of the world around me. I'm really hoping to see the ENT doc tomorrow.

Appreciate. Kev
Best of Luck at the Doc tomorrow Kev!
Keep Us Posted.
Mike U.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Best of Luck at the Doc tomorrow Kev!
Keep Us Posted.
Mike U.
:coffee:
The diagnosis is 'acute labrynthitis'....likely due to a virus. No canalith or anything like that. My symptoms have lessened greatly and I'm on NO meds. The ENT guy says I will most likely have a full return to normal, but could have some residual effects or a return of symptoms in the future. Today (Wednesday) I feel great....zero balance or dizzy issues. The bike is starting to look pretty again, and my wife admitted that she misses the road. It's been over 3 weeks since I have even sat on it.

Thanks Mike, and all the other hard-heads who dropped a message here. :giggle:

Sky Cloud People in nature Flash photography Gesture

·
Super Moderator
9,839 Posts
The diagnosis is 'acute labrynthitis'....likely due to a virus. No canalith or anything like that. My symptoms have lessened greatly and I'm on NO meds. The ENT guy says I will most likely have a full return to normal, but could have some residual effects or a return of symptoms in the future. Today (Wednesday) I feel great....zero balance or dizzy issues. The bike is starting to look pretty again, and my wife admitted that she misses the road. It's been over 3 weeks since I have even sat on it.

Thanks Mike, and all the other hard-heads who dropped a message here. :giggle:

View attachment 430505
Kev Thanks for updating Us and that's good news for sure.
Hopefully, You will be back to normal sooner than later and be able to get "In The Wind" with Your Beautiful Glide and Wife.
Take Care Brother!
Mike U.

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
680 Posts
The diagnosis is 'acute labrynthitis'....likely due to a virus. No canalith or anything like that. My symptoms have lessened greatly and I'm on NO meds.
Glad to hear it is virus related and not anything more long term. As a guy who had/Has Meniere's. I will say it is not a fun thing. I was diagnosed pretty early, but it was only because my father had it as well and it took them forever to figure it out. This was back in the 90's and it was relatively new. I had the surgery and have not had the Vertigo since, but my hearing is shot and there is always a high pitched ringing in my ear that I was told a hearing aid cold help with, but just never did it. I really should. but I hope you get out on that beautiful ride soon!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I wish I had better news. I've had this vertigo for 8 consecutive days and it's not going away. I just went for a short walk outside and felt drunk the entire time. I'm queasy or even nauseated about 50% of the day. Have lost 3 pounds (not missed though) from reduced intake. There's simply no way I can touch the bike currently. I wouldn't be able to get it out of the garage without a wreck. I know this isn't BOTM-topic stuff, but I really appreciate you asking Ian.

Anyway....trying to get an ENT appt soon. My wife is concerned and watching over me like a hawk.

The forum helps me pass some of the time. I'm grateful to all.
Hope all is well with… 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
631 Posts
Glad to hear it is virus related and not anything more long term. As a guy who had/Has Meniere's. I will say it is not a fun thing. I was diagnosed pretty early, but it was only because my father had it as well and it took them forever to figure it out. This was back in the 90's and it was relatively new. I had the surgery and have not had the Vertigo since, but my hearing is shot and there is always a high pitched ringing in my ear that I was told a hearing aid cold help with, but just never did it. I really should. but I hope you get out on that beautiful ride soon!!
Get the salt out of your diet, Higher blood pressure makes is worse.I found some relief with acupunctureThe ringing may not go away but my hearing is so much clearer.There is some sound apps and utube freebies that help at night and for me I just learn to live with it.Result from a life in the trades.Air hammers , compressors, drag strip and Who concerts.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts