Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird problem on my '15:

My work phone is a Blackberry Z30 and is paired to the Infotainment system. Whenever I start the scoot (even just ACC) and the phone connects, it changes whatever music source is playing and starts playing random music from the phone.

You can select a different source, and it will stay until the next time the phone connects.

The phone doesn't do this in my car.

I'm thinking it has to be something in the Infotainment unit. Hopefully it's some setting, somewhere.

Googled it and apparently it's a known issue with some Android devices and some Bluetooth-enabled audio components.

· Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My iPhone does the same exact thing, but it will start playing whatever playlist I was last listening to on my phone.
Yes, that's actually what it does. At first I thought it was random, but it launches the Music app & starts playing what was last played.

I went thru the setup screens but couldn't find anything to control this.

My choices are to either turn off Bluetooth on the phone or just change the music source whenever it decides to change.

The other thing I've noticed is that music coming from a Bluetooth source is a much lower volume. Dealership tells me this is normal, but even with phone volume cranked, it's too low to be useful.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Yes, that's actually what it does. At first I thought it was random, but it launches the Music app & starts playing what was last played.

The other thing I've noticed is that music coming from a Bluetooth source is a much lower volume. Dealership tells me this is normal, but even with phone volume cranked, it's too low to be useful.
Go into phone settings > sound> media. I have a media volume that likes to turn itself down to save my hearing. For awhile I had to plug into the USB in order to get any volume on Bluetooth. One day the USB was no longer needed for some inexplicable reason. These stinkin' computers like to [email protected] with us.

· Registered
89 Posts
That's the same version i'm running. Do you have a buddy you could try the bluetooth with and see if its a phone issue or the deck? My deck seems to be fine with both 1.19.0 and the 1.19.1. I'm not sure if it makes any difference though since I've had an amp the whole time I've had the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.