Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a video that explains how to do auto tune basic. I downloaded some info from the website but would like to see a video on it.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I need a video that explains how to do auto tune basic. I downloaded some info from the website but would like to see a video on it.

Thanks in advance
I just did mine last weekend. It's really easy. The toughest part is trying to hit as many cells as possible during your tuning run. I don't normally crank my bike up to the rev limiter when I ride, but did so on the tuning run.
Basic video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1fppB5rSYo
No computer necessary - you can export the learned values and flash your ECM right from the Power Vision tuners.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Very easy once you do it the first time. I have done 3 auto tunes and reflashed the ECM. Bike just keeps running better. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked at video and did an auto tune , it was easy as pie. went from 33 city /38 hwy to 42 mpg hwy. i heard a few pings and will do another auto tune over weekend. once again thanks for your help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm pretty good at reading comprehension and following instructions, but I just couldn't figure out the book instructions. This video put a lot of light on what I need to do. Thanks for the link! I can't wait to get to try it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great thread. I plan on doing the auto tune prior to going on vacation next week.

I have a couple of questions that the video does not address.

1. In the video they start with the stock flash. I currently run the flash that was provided by Fuel Moto. Should I start with that?

2. When I travel with the bike, I ride 2 up and pull a trailer. Should I do the auto tune one up, two up or two up with the trailer?

Thanks

-G

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, start with the tune from FuelMoto, it will be close. Just save the new ones to a different slot on the PV.

As for your other question, if the bike was bone stock, would you do anything to the stock map? So, I say nope, just ride! :D

But, on the other hand, it would be interesting to see how the PV compensated for the extra load. Probably not to much.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Great thread. I plan on doing the auto tune prior to going on vacation next week.

I have a couple of questions that the video does not address.

1. In the video they start with the stock flash. I currently run the flash that was provided by Fuel Moto. Should I start with that?

2. When I travel with the bike, I ride 2 up and pull a trailer. Should I do the auto tune one up, two up or two up with the trailer?

Thanks

-G
1. Yes.

2. You can save multiple maps. Create a different map for each. Just label each and save into a different cell. When your requirements change, flash with a saved map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts