Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my headpipes to tru duals by Rush Racing with Big Louie 4" slip ons. What would be the best auto tuner that does not involve any kind of welding. 2013 Roadglide Custom.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I run the cobra pro 2000,works great with my decatted head pipe,SE aircleaner and rush slip ons,they claim they will work with cams,but since my cams are still stock i cannot verify this.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Power commander v and auto tune with wide band sensors... Have it on my 13 fltrx - Drago exhaust system and stage 1 ac... Awesome

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I have Power Vision. Adaptable for whatever you choose to add later. Has a Basic Autotune function to adjust fuel as you add go fast items later.:D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I run the cobra pro 2000,works great with my decatted head pipe,SE aircleaner and rush slip ons,they claim they will work with cams,but since my cams are still stock i cannot verify this.
How long have you been running the Cobra?? a Buddy has it on his Yamaha raider & swears by it, but I had heard they had some issues for our bikes a year or 2 ago?? Really like the idea of letting it do it's thing, but have not really heard any feedback on this unit......

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The '09 SERG had a V&H FuelPak and PowerDuals on it when I got it, the bike ran fine, 'just changed it since I was going Stage III.

If you are only going w/ pipes/ac, all you need is a "fueler" such as this, to accommodate the increased airflow. I don't think that you need an autotuner, save your $.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have had the cobra power pro for over a year now and it has been flawless. Just had se255 's installed today. so far.....so good... put 150 miles on it right after install. seems to be doing fine. HOWEVER, it will NOT adjust or function with big bore, or BIG cams properly. If you go that route, I would go with the power vision...just more advantages if you go big later. Cobra says it takes a couple of tanks for the it to get "tuned" right. We shall see. but as of right now this glide pulls way harder and milage seems to be doing fine. No lean pops on decel and no hiccups on accel. Once you get into higher end compression the cobra just doesn't have the range. Overall I have been very happy with it. BTW: Power vision and Power Pro are relatively close in price. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have had the cobra power pro for over a year now and it has been flawless. Just had se255 's installed today. so far.....so good... put 150 miles on it right after install. seems to be doing fine. HOWEVER, it will NOT adjust or function with big bore, or BIG cams properly. If you go that route, I would go with the power vision...just more advantages if you go big later. Cobra says it takes a couple of tanks for the it to get "tuned" right. We shall see. but as of right now this glide pulls way harder and milage seems to be doing fine. No lean pops on decel and no hiccups on accel. Once you get into higher end compression the cobra just doesn't have the range. Overall I have been very happy with it. BTW: Power vision and Power Pro are relatively close in price. Hope this helps...
Thanks. I plan on doing some cams in the future, but no big bore type work in my future.......Good to hear the "kinks" seem to have been worked out........

·
Registered
60 Posts
PV w/ATPro

TTS on the 96" bored to 117 with R&R S4 heads, HPI TB, D&D FC, DH crank, BDL. Primovera, etc.- worked well, but not intuitive at lest for me.

PVPro on last two bikes.
PVPro on a 96" bored to 107" CNC heads, welded/balanced crank, KY TDs etc. - worked great.
Now working on the RGU 103 with a small bolt in cam, AC and exhaust... it is tuning really well so far... got maybe another month of commuting and weekend riding to have it fully dialed in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tuner

I know I'm partial toward Thundermax because...IT WORKS.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Some of the tuners mentioned such as the Cobra of V&H tuners are NOT auto tuners, there are only 2 auto tuners on the market, one is the Thunder Max and the other is Power Vision Pro.
A true auto tuner will adjust the AFR in real time using closed loop O2 sensors, that is why you need 18mm O2 bungs in the head pipes because the closed loop O2 sensors are only made in the 18mm size at this time.
Any tuner that uses the stock O2 sensors can not make big changes in the AFR automatically and these tuners depend on a good dyno tune for the best results.
If you do not plan on making any performance mods to your engine other than air intake and exhaust mods then a basic tuners such as the Cobra or V&H will work OK because you only need to make a AFR adjustment .
Or you could just go to the HD dealer and have them reflash your stock ECM and you are good to go and you don't need a tuner at all

·
Registered
830 Posts
Some of the tuners mentioned such as the Cobra of V&H tuners are NOT auto tuners, there are only 2 auto tuners on the market, one is the Thunder Max and the other is Power Vision Pro.
A true auto tuner will adjust the AFR in real time using closed loop O2 sensors, that is why you need 18mm O2 bungs in the head pipes because the closed loop O2 sensors are only made in the 18mm size at this time.
Any tuner that uses the stock O2 sensors can not make big changes in the AFR automatically and these tuners depend on a good dyno tune for the best results.
If you do not plan on making any performance mods to your engine other than air intake and exhaust mods then a basic tuners such as the Cobra or V&H will work OK because you only need to make a AFR adjustment .
Or you could just go to the HD dealer and have them reflash your stock ECM and you are good to go and you don't need a tuner at all

This is 100% correct!

Ironmark did however skip one thing. A really good dyno tune will almost always beat an auto tune. Always for peak hp and torque and often for rideability.
Please note that I said a "really good" tune. If you end up with a just OK tune or a poor tune then the auto tune wins hands down. (Ask me how I know that).
So the real question is "How much do you trust the person performing your tune?". That is why I run a Thunder Max.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry i do not want to high jack OP thread but what about a PC5 with the autotune module any good?

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Sorry i do not want to high jack OP thread but what about a PC5 with the autotune module any good?

I am not familiar with the PC5 but it does use the closed loop18mm O2 sensors so it should auto tune your AFR.
It looks to me that the PC5 would need to be piggy backed to the bikes ECM and would work well with a SERT system. From what I could tell the PC5 would be a better choice over the Cobra or V&H if you are able to install the closed loop 18mm O2 sensors.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts