Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Man I love the color of Your CVO.

I am real happy with my thunder max but I'm sure you will get a lot of different opinions on here. I like the fact that when I change my cams I don't have to pay for another dyno run.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Thundermax Auto Tuner here and I love it. Remember if you use a auto tuner you need to install the new 02 sensors that come with the tuner and on the Thundermax they use the 18mm 02 sensors and want the sensors located close to the cylinder heads. If or when you upgrade your exhaust will either need to weld in new bungs for the 18mm 02 sensors or make sure you get a exhaust system for a 2009 model which will already have the 18mm bungs in the correct place. The 2009 exhaust WILL fit your 2013 bike the only difference is the size and location of the 02 sensor bungs, some exhaust systems like the Dragos line of exhaust offer exhaust head pipes that have both 02 sensor sizes and locations.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I prefer the powervision now that I finally tried one. Retains all the positives of the Delfi system and can adapt to any changes made in the future.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Another happy TMax customer here, this is my second bike with one. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thundermax Auto Tuner here and I love it. Remember if you use a auto tuner you need to install the new 02 sensors that come with the tuner and on the Thundermax they use the 18mm 02 sensors and want the sensors located close to the cylinder heads. If or when you upgrade your exhaust will either need to weld in new bungs for the 18mm 02 sensors or make sure you get a exhaust system for a 2009 model which will already have the 18mm bungs in the correct place. The 2009 exhaust WILL fit your 2013 bike the only difference is the size and location of the 02 sensor bungs, some exhaust systems like the Dragos line of exhaust offer exhaust head pipes that have both 02 sensor sizes and locations.
So if I get the V&H power duals for my 13 I will want to order the pipe for an 09? Will they only work with the thunder max? And are the 18mm bungs "close to the heads" where they are recommended? Thanks in advance!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
A lot of the aftermarket exhaust systems (pipes and mufflers) come with both 12 mm and 18mm bungs. You plug the ones you do not use. If you replace your pipes, check for that. Once you have the 18mm, you can add the Auto Tune Pro to your Power Vision. That will give you more control than the basic that comes with the PV. The basic uses your existing O2 sensors, which are narrow band. The Pro comes with wide band Bosch sensors, but as mentioned, they are 18mm.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
So if I get the V&H power duals for my 13 I will want to order the pipe for an 09? Will they only work with the thunder max? And are the 18mm bungs "close to the heads" where they are recommended? Thanks in advance!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
For the auto tuner you will the 18mm bungs and on the 09 head pipes the bungs are located close to the heads. I am not sure if V&H head pipes come with both size 02 bungs or not but that only matters if you plan on taking the auto tuner off the bike sometime in the future and going back to stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts