Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know that this probably has been asked before, but I can’t find it so here I go and hope I get some help.

I have a 04 road glide and picked it up used off a friend it has a stage 1 air filter and screaming eagle slip ons, no power commander at all and its my 3 season riding with it and it time to get one.
I like the idea of an auto tuner and my 2 choices are between the Dynojet PV or the cobra pro. Now my question is on the PV you have to run o2 sensors I know the kit come with the steel weld so I have to drill hole and weld them on to my pipes, my issue is has anyone done this how much will it cost to get a welder to do so and will the headers last and don’t get damaged, and since I have to then get the 02 sensors how much more will this tuner now cost, or does anyone know if any of the newer Harley touring headers with the o2 sensors hole on them will they fit my bike.
Now the other question is since I would like to keep the price of getting a auto tuner or a power commander under 500 buck give and take will then the cobra be more for what I'm looking for, I know that I will not go more them maybe changing the cams, I'm not into needing the fastest back out their I’m not into this need for speed, I just want a nice working reliable bike that when I need to gas it to pass a car and also just want it to last and run good as long as I can.
Well sorry for the long and boring post hope to hear from anyone with a good and helpful opinion and thanks to all that are taking the time to read my post and also thanks to anyone that responds.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
X2 on contacting fuel moto. They have been helpful to me. I know some pipe manufacturers make pipes for your bike that will have the o2 bungs in them already. Maybe an excuse to get new pipes?

·
Registered
149 Posts
On my 01 Road King I installed a take off exhaust system from an 07 Screamin Eagle Road King. This system had holes in the headers for O2 sensors that I plugged. The holes were up near the heads, not down low on my 2012 Road Glide. I am not sure when Harley started using O2 sensors but typically you can pick up a set of takeoff pipes off a later model bike pretty cheap. You want a set off a 08 or older bike though.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Take a look at RC Components/RCXhaust...they have an auto tuner to meet your needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts