Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm talking about Part Number 71400129

Ok, I give up. I've tracked down four of the six switches. Can anybody tell me where the other switches lead to??? Part Number 71400129

The left side is wired to fog lights, the accessory plug, and one unknown place.
The right side is wired to two plugs in the accessory plug and one unknown.

I have the service manual and see the P&A plug but that only has four wires (three switched and a ground). I don't see the other two unknown wires.

The pictures didn't work, but I tried attaching them to the post.

Can anybody please help with the unknown locations?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Are you saying you have 3 switches on the right side of your fairing? I didn't realize there was a kit for that.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
On the CVO isn't one for the locks? Makes since it would be the same harness.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you saying you have 3 switches on the right side of your fairing? I didn't realize there was a kit for that.
Yeah, Two switch kits end up with 6 switches across the fairing. I attached the thumbnail. It's the non CVO
Ultra model so no locks. I just can't figure out where these other two switches go.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Electric grips?
I was thinking about that, but the heated grips have their own switch on the end of the grip. Not saying it doesn't supply power there, but I don't think they would be double switched.

There has to be a wire somewhere that these other two switches activate. The switch kit also had a pigtail that runs fused power to a pin in a 3 position plug under the right cover. Weird....

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Are any of the switches momentary like for the harley garage door opener?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dash Switches heads up

Do you have two of the 71400129 switch packs installed; one on each side?
Came to find out the switch paks 71400105 and 71400129 don't bother to say one is for the right (129) and one is for the left (105). In order to get the 129 to fit right on the left side you have to turn it 180 degrees but the buttons will be upside down, also there is no guarantee it will work. Found that out when I ordered 2 129's figuring I'd go ahead and install both sides at once for future use. Food for thought. This is on a 2018 FLTRXS. One more thing if you look on the HD website it only lists the 71400105 for 14-16 Road Glides yet my HD tech said the 105 would fit on the left for my bike. :frown:
HD has alot going for it but doesn't update their info in areas like this nor tell you their exact fitment or why it won't fit which would be very beneficial. :wink:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Came to find out the switch paks 71400105 and 71400129 don't bother to say one is for the right (129) and one is for the left (105). In order to get the 129 to fit right on the left side you have to turn it 180 degrees but the buttons will be upside down, also there is no guarantee it will work. Found that out when I ordered 2 129's figuring I'd go ahead and install both sides at once for future use. Food for thought. This is on a 2018 FLTRXS. One more thing if you look on the HD website it only lists the 71400105 for 14-16 Road Glides yet my HD tech said the 105 would fit on the left for my bike. :frown:
HD has alot going for it but doesn't update their info in areas like this nor tell you their exact fitment or why it won't fit which would be very beneficial. :wink:

Not sure if anyone's got this figured out, but hopefully someone can help. I got a switch pack with my CoolFlow Fan, but it only comes with 1 switch and it is in the left switch bank far right space.

I'd like to add another switch (it would be part # 71400109) to the left side center. But what does it power...like where is the plug it turns on and off on the bike?

Thanks if you can help

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, Two switch kits end up with 6 switches across the fairing. I attached the thumbnail. It's the non CVO
Ultra model so no locks. I just can't figure out where these other two switches go.
I have exactly the same setup showing in your thumbnail. The only switch on the left powers my Custom Dynamics driving lights, mounted on my crash bars. I installed the two switch pack you show on the right side. Of those two buttons, the left one controls my seat heater. I had Mean City Cycles convert my stock seat to heat. The plug is already under the seat, ready for any Harley heated seat you buy. I have found no use for the button on the right, the instructions say it will only handle 2 amps. I’m thinking it can be used for some LED lighting, if I decide to do some silhouette kind of lighting. Open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure if anyone's got this figured out, but hopefully someone can help. I got a switch pack with my CoolFlow Fan, but it only comes with 1 switch and it is in the left switch bank far right space.

I'd like to add another switch (it would be part # 71400109) to the left side center. But what does it power...like where is the plug it turns on and off on the bike?

Thanks if you can help

Is this what y'all are looking for? I couldn't ever find the info, so I went out to my bike with a 12V tester and went to town. I have al six switches installed and the accessory fairing plug that plugs in to the side of the bike. I've attached two pictures...hopefully you can see them.

https://imgur.com/a/Y61XO9N

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Is this what y'all are looking for? I couldn't ever find the info, so I went out to my bike with a 12V tester and went to town. I have al six switches installed and the accessory fairing plug that plugs in to the side of the bike. I've attached two pictures...hopefully you can see them.

Where is the ACC # 2 plug located on the bike?

OK never mind I think I figured this out. The ACC plug under the side cover runs back to ALL the ACC dash buttons correct?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

One more question. Is the plug already activated or does it need to be flashed on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts