Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2010 Avalanche, and most people that owned one, wished the would bring it back because how functional they are.
I am happy to Say it's back!!!! In a EV version called called Silverado EV RST........you decide if it looks like a modern day
AVALANCHE? My only complaint was the three back panels after six years they start leaking, that's the only thing I hope they got resolved.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will probably get the 2024 RST version, to park next to my old Avalanche, the wife is willing to give up her 430i x-drive convertible, as a trade in, my particular Avvy, listed for 54,000 back in 2010 with every option. Wonder what the price will be for a decked out EV?

Side note:
They're also a one-piece body just like the Avalanche as well.........

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I bought the Sunset Orange Z66 Avalanche back when they came out. Fell for the TV ads where the kid says “Hey mister, change for a dollar?”. As a University of Texas alumni living in Austin, driving that truck around town with the obligatory chrome Longhorn emblems on the sides got a lot of hook’em hand signs and horn honks. Man I Loved that vehicle. Cried the day I had to trade it in for a cheaper vehicle to make sure family had food on the table. Saw a beautifully maintained one on the street just a couple days ago and got a lump in my throat.

In 2015, the limited edition Silverado was released. It got my attention (and wallet), but the Avalanche itch wasn’t completely scratched in the deal.

Yes, the new EV is the modern reincarnation of the Avalanche. No question. I get emails from Chevrolet almost weekly wanting me to reserve one. The struggle is real.

If they only had it in orange….
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Administrator
13,537 Posts
I used to be a GM bowtie guy from the way back , then in 1991 when it was time to trade in my high mileage Big Block Chevy Dooley , I followed GM's advertising at the time "Don't buy an ugly truck" , so I been Ford ever since

JtB

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I hope to keep my 2019 Nissan Titan work truck going until I don't need a truck anymore, or until I trade it for another motorcycle. :whistle: :whistle: :unsure: It just sits in the garage unless I am going camping or on a work trip.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I used to be a GM bowtie guy from the way back , then in 1991 when it was time to trade in my high mileage Big Block Chevy Dooley , I followed GM's advertising at the time "Don't buy an ugly truck" , so I been Ford ever since

JtB
I was a dodge guy till 2000. Sick of the 100k and the vehicle dies syndrome. I drive too much for that. So I tried a Nissan pathfinder and loved it. Then a hyndai and been happy ever since. Lesley like the looks of those too, so happy wife...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,128 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I put 225,000 miles on my '05 Z71 Avalanche. That truck had the most comfortable seats Ive ever sat in in a vehicle. Loved that truck. I only buy GM or Ford vehicles, so I bought a loaded up Sierra Z71 to replace it.

Reactions: Vinnie

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,711 Posts
I like the versatility, like the look. I am just not a Chevy guy...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Hey, we can't help your poor judgement!

·
11,711 Posts
Hopefully they fix the battery catching on fire 🔥 by then.
So glad I didn’t buy a Chevy Bolt last year.
The battery pack to be used on the Silverado and all future GM EVs is a very different animal. Totally different than the one in the Bolt.

·
11,711 Posts
JtB
[/QUOTE]
To each his own , kinda like the el Camino and ranchero , a pick up bed , but why ??
I'll keep my pick-up and diesel or gas engine , flame soot on .

JtB
Hmmmm. I don't remember any of those Caminos or Rancheros having 664 hp and 780 tq! And this one will take a sheet of plywood (or whatever), up to 10'10".

Let's see, inflation is 8+% and they gave us 5+% as a social security raise .... guess it'll be a while before I put my order in ... like never. I will say that this appears to be 500% more practical and better in most ways we use them than the ridiculous Hummer that GMC just brought out. That thing is truly the answer to a question no one was asking.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
They still made in Mexico?
Last I checked it is an American company in Detroit Michigan. It was a great vehicle, just like all of the GM and Ford vehicles I have owned

1 - 20 of 22 Posts