Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering getting some custom paint on my bike this winter but have no idea of what I should expect for the price. I replaced my bags and side covers with the solid black cvo extended bags and solid black side covers. Those hideous factory stripes have got to go. I'd like to just get the fairing, front fender, lowers, and tank painted with old school hot rod flames. Similar to what you see on 55 & 57 chevys?

If anyone has done paint and can give ball park numbers I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm picking my new Road glide up today. I don't like any of the colors, so I'm going to have it repainted. I was quoted 1700. for a basic paint job. Which means painted White, with some kind of small Black or Silver stripe to break up the color. This guy paints for a big local bike shop, so I know the work will be top notch.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
Check out http://www.mikeshawgpaint.com.
Mike is a Member of Our Forum, RoadHawg, and has a great reputation for painting.
Many Members have sent their parts to him and have been very satisified with the finished product.
Let him know what you are thinking of doing and I'm sure he will give you a great price.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Type of paint, color or colors, pattern, and painter are factors to consider. On the cheap side you're looking at least a grand. Custom work will be closer to 4k or more.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
That's CHEAP :eek: damn, I could only wish out here.........

A good quality job out here is more like $5K and up :(
Its kind of like Texas (Austin excluded), there a fancy, real nice, fairly good size house is only 150k or so, same house in CA might be 600k or more depending on zip code ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
flame paint

Any thoughts on how this style of paint might look on a shark? I don't have any artistic ability and just can't picture how that paint job would look on my bike. Always impressed by individuals who can look at a car or bike and in their minds design a paint scheme that works with the lines of the vehicle.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Its kind of like Texas (Austin excluded), there a fancy, real nice, fairly good size house is only 150k or so, same house in CA might be 600k or more depending on zip code ;)

Ain't that the truth!

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Any thoughts on how this style of paint might look on a shark? I don't have any artistic ability and just can't picture how that paint job would look on my bike. Always impressed by individuals who can look at a car or bike and in their minds design a paint scheme that works with the lines of the vehicle.

You gonna run all the stock body work? ie no stretched bags, tank, etc

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have the CVO extended bags but haven't thought about the tank. My motivation is to get rid of the ugly factory stripes on the fairing, front fender, and tank. I've considered just straight black too. Here is how she looks now without the lowers on, I take them off for the summer. I don't usually have the tour pak on either, usually only goes on the bike if the wife is going with me.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
I had the same problem with my red.

Original stripes where red in red, ver ugly . For 300.00 I had a painter redo the stripes, black on red and then he hand painted the Harley name on both sides. He did a great job and improved the look of the bike 100%.

I'll see if I have photos to post.

Let us know what you do!

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts