Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Dragos 2 into 1 black exhaust from him and was told it was the full exhaust. Since there was no picture of it or a description of it other than it was black I assumed it was in good shape. If you want to see what I received in the mail you can check out my post in the Intake and Exhaust section where the pictures are http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=215353

I have screen shots of our conversation over PM that shows what was said. The only thing left out was payment info because that should be private even though I feel I was ripped off. No word back from him yet so I disputed the claim with PayPal when I got work. Here are the screen shots. Look at the last screenshot, THAT is the only description that I saw when I read the post. Nothing more what so ever was in it about the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Paypal tends to favor the buyer....dispute it and you have a good chance of prevailing....good luck!

·
Registered
380 Posts
This a a case of an over excited buyer. As I was stated in the thread I started which is below and by the member that commented when you were seeking advice on the muffler it is a Dragula exhaust with a turn down tip. The only questions you asked me in this transaction was Are the pipes black, is there any road damage (catches, scuffs, etc...) I replied normal road wear and tear and I wasn't sure if they came from franks black or they had been powder coated because I bought them off someone else. Your next question was about price. we agreed on a price and I shipped the next day. I also informed you that I had a pic up on my for sale thread. You asked for pics I then told you to go to the for sale thread where it was listed cause the site won't let me post the pic twice on here (which is also stated in the thread linked below). On my for sale thread if you would have read it from the 1st to the last you would see where the price of the exhaust went down about every month or so from $400 my initial asking price to $250. That being said I assumed if somebody was really interested in the exhaust they would take the time to look at the pic and in turn see and read that it had a turn down tip on it so the quick price drops I posted just to get the thread bumped back to the top just stated what it was and how much I wanted for it. Below are the pics I had posted on the for sale thread that I deleted only after we sealed the deal on this transaction. As you can see it's more than clear that the pipe has been shortened to fit behind the fender. I understand you maybe un happy with what you have but do to your lack of research you are claiming you bought an exhaust sight unseen for a 3rd of what it would cost you brand new. Which right there would say you buying at your own risk and you are prepared to except what you get for the deal. When in fact everything you needed to know about the exhaust was right there for everyone to see. So there was no deception picture don't lie. I took your low ball offer because it was just taking up space in my garage. Truth be told for about $100or maybe $150 you can get a new muffler to your liking and still be way under cost because I threw in a brand new 3" baffle that could be used if you went that route. So it's on you I have already notified paypal that I will accept the exhaust in return at your expense and cost of damages (if any to the exhaust or it's coating) seeing as though you have pics up on here of it laying face down on the concrete. With that being said we can leave it up to them or maybe I can help you find a full length exhaust to suit your needs for cheap but by no means was I trying to deceive you or another potential buyers for this exhaust. I will even look back threw some post and message for a guy that understood it was a turn down and maybe he can just get it from you since you not happy with it. At the end of it all I just want you to know I'm not trying to cheat you and I am willing to help resolve this situation without just taking the blunt of your hasty decision because the price was right.

Thank you for your time
v/r
Othello

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=173354&page=2

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Please look at the time and date stamps for the thread your posted and the one I posted you'll see I corrected the one you posted 3 days after the exhaust was cut that is why it was deleted to avoid such confusion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This a a case of an over excited buyer. As I was stated in the thread I started which is below and by the member that commented when you were seeking advice on the muffler it is a Dragula exhaust with a turn down tip. The only questions you asked me in this transaction was Are the pipes black, is there any road damage (catches, scuffs, etc...) I replied normal road wear and tear and I wasn't sure if they came from franks black or they had been powder coated because I bought them off someone else. Your next question was about price. we agreed on a price and I shipped the next day. I also informed you that I had a pic up on my for sale thread. You asked for pics I then told you to go to the for sale thread where it was listed cause the site won't let me post the pic twice on here (which is also stated in the thread linked below). On my for sale thread if you would have read it from the 1st to the last you would see where the price of the exhaust went down about every month or so from $400 my initial asking price to $250. That being said I assumed if somebody was really interested in the exhaust they would take the time to look at the pic and in turn see and read that it had a turn down tip on it so the quick price drops I posted just to get the thread bumped back to the top just stated what it was and how much I wanted for it. Below are the pics I had posted on the for sale thread that I deleted only after we sealed the deal on this transaction. As you can see it's more than clear that the pipe has been shortened to fit behind the fender. I understand you maybe un happy with what you have but do to your lack of research you are claiming you bought an exhaust sight unseen for a 3rd of what it would cost you brand new. Which right there would say you buying at your own risk and you are prepared to except what you get for the deal. When in fact everything you needed to know about the exhaust was right there for everyone to see. So there was no deception picture don't lie. I took your low ball offer because it was just taking up space in my garage. Truth be told for about $100or maybe $150 you can get a new muffler to your liking and still be way under cost because I threw in a brand new 3" baffle that could be used if you went that route. So it's on you I have already notified paypal that I will accept the exhaust in return at your expense and cost of damages (if any to the exhaust or it's coating) seeing as though you have pics up on here of it laying face down on the concrete. With that being said we can leave it up to them or maybe I can help you find a full length exhaust to suit your needs for cheap but by no means was I trying to deceive you or another potential buyers for this exhaust. I will even look back threw some post and message for a guy that understood it was a turn down and maybe he can just get it from you since you not happy with it. At the end of it all I just want you to know I'm not trying to cheat you and I am willing to help resolve this situation without just taking the blunt of your hasty decision because the price was right.

Thank you for your time
v/r
Othello

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=173354&page=2
I understand the picture is old and you changed the description but between you selling other stuff off the ad it was changed but that doesn't change the fact you didn't have any of that information in your ad other than it was black. And I also don't appreciate you making it sound like I made a choice and knew what I was getting when in fact I didn't. I assumed it was FULL exhuast when I asked, not something that was cut up. And don't claim you accepted my lowball offer when I gave you your asking price for it. You split the shipping with me. I understand buying something is at my own risk off of the site. If I don't get my money back or if I do its lesson learned either way.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
One of the thing I seen wrong is that the seller was asking for payment through Paypal as a gift which is against forum rules. This should have been a red flag to the buyer unless the buyer didn't read the forum rules that is posted in the classified section. Also the seller should have been aware of the forum rules against asking for the Paypal payment to be sent as a gift.

·
Registered
115 Posts
His description did suck, but you still bought it sight un-seen. your are buying used parts. you should get as many pictures of it as you can until you feel satisfied that you know what you are getting. This is what can happen when people "assume"

My big issue and red flag would be when he asked for an extra 5% or send payment as a gift.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Buyer: Send the parts back to the seller.

Seller: When you receive the parts refund his money.

Everyone is happy after this.

Lesson learned ask for pictures and trust no one that you don't know. Never pay as a gift. PayPal won't do anything for you. alot of BS to save $7.50

·
Registered
896 Posts
That being said, I've made several satisfactory transactions on here, both as a buyer and a seller.

Not everyone is a bad egg, and to be fair, the seller on this case is providing proper resolve.

I don't think the intent was fraudulent.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Everyone, buyer and seller should be required to read the sticky on the classified forum prior to being able to post items for sell. It clearly states "If you request that you are paid via pay pal gift option, your thread will be deleted. The buyer has no protection against fraud if payment is sent via gift, and it is not meant to be used for purchasing items online and goes against pay pal policy. We also suggest no one buy anything if the seller requests that you pay via gift option,.. you are NOT protected against fraud.. "

Now I like to save a buck as much as the next guy, but 5-10 dollars is not worth the hassle that these two are going through. My number one reason for remaining on this forum is the integrity of the members and the interventions of the moderators. Yes, I have been guilty of hijacking a thread in the past and was called out on it by the moderators and the OP. I am grateful that I was able to rectify the bad, and not forfeit my forum membership. That said, These guys seed to act like adults and deal with this themselves through PM and not tarnish the forum with their personal issues. It sounds like they are close to a resolution and I hope they get it resolved to their satisfaction, but if they had followed the rules in the first place, it would have been handled via paypal.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've bought several items from members here and have never had a problem. Exchange a few messages. Make sure you understand what you are buying. And follow up afterwards.

Would rather buy here than eBay. Good folks here.

I think this thread is all about an over zealous buyer who didn't pay attention to details and a complete breakdown of communications between buyer and seller.

Lesson learned.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Pictures are supposed to be posted with ad's. This is a perfect senerio why.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Well I always price with shipping & Paypal costs included in the price of what I am selling. Even then the price I'm asking is usually 30 - 40% off the retail price I paid for it. That is also why I generally do not take best offers, it's already at the lowest price I will take. If doesn't sell it can always sit in the garage and collect dust...

·
Administrator
12,365 Posts
Apparently it did slip by us , I went back and looked at the posts that the seller deleted , seems I saw some pictures , but he did not say in the thread he would take paypal gift , only in the PM , which we will not access ..

I try to look at all the for sale threads , and am sure I miss some ..

JtB

·
Registered
380 Posts
One of the thing I seen wrong is that the seller was asking for payment through Paypal as a gift which is against forum rules. This should have been a red flag to the buyer unless the buyer didn't read the forum rules that is posted in the classified section. Also the seller should have been aware of the forum rules against asking for the Paypal payment to be sent as a gift.
I actually just gave him the option to do either because of the fee once again I left the choice up to him

·
Registered
380 Posts
I understand the picture is old and you changed the description but between you selling other stuff off the ad it was changed but that doesn't change the fact you didn't have any of that information in your ad other than it was black. And I also don't appreciate you making it sound like I made a choice and knew what I was getting when in fact I didn't. I assumed it was FULL exhuast when I asked, not something that was cut up. And don't claim you accepted my lowball offer when I gave you your asking price for it. You split the shipping with me. I understand buying something is at my own risk off of the site. If I don't get my money back or if I do its lesson learned either way.

Like I said in my previous message I'm not out to get your money nor am I here to insult your intelligence I gave you several ways I'm willing to resolve this issue with both by private message and on your thread here to let people here my side of the story as well. It makes no difference to me on weather we have an audience or settle this on our own like adults. You assumed the exhaust wasn't modified I assumed you looked at the pictures now that that is hashed out lets make this work for the both of us and figure out how to resolve this issue if possible.

·
Administrator
12,365 Posts
and with that I am locking the thread , you both have publicly stated your positions ..

JtB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.