Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would avoid Ridebikegear.com at all costs. I paid over $750 for a set of stretched vivid black bags. They arrived broken and the paint was marred from the substandard packaging, additionally, the interior of the bags were tacky as if the paint never cured or was mixed improperly. I couldn't get a phone number to talk to a live body about the issue and when I finally decided to contest the issue with my credit card, the guy actually had the nerve to email me and call me a "[email protected] [email protected]" because I intimated a dispute with my card. He also insisted that I pay for return shipping on this crap, which would have been a pretty penny. Apparently it was shipped from Canada and they wanted me to pay for shipping to New York, no phone numbers, hid behind the identity of email and lastly, they registered me on a Badbuyer.com web site because I initiated a claim with my credit card. Folks, I have excellent credit, a good reputation with Amazon and ebay, and definitely am pretty easy to please, this guy is a crook.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I Know someone that had a very similar experience. The company even only permits return shipping via USPS. The reason being is that there is no proof of delivery once the item leaves the US postal system and goes to the Canada post system. What company puts on their website that they will refuse returns shipped via Fed Ex. In the end my friend had to dispute his purchase through his credit card company as well.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Will never buy from them. I have started a post on a bad experience with a company from Florida Bagger Bags. We need to spread the word on poor quality and even worse customer service. I guess one goes hand in hand

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry for your terrible experience, but thanks for sharing so that we don't have the same experience.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I never heard of them, and I definitely won't be buying anything from them.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I hope karma will get that a$$hat in the end. Thanks for the warning!

I had something similar happening to me after a purchase on (pirat-)ebay. The dot.com "shop" offered "genuine" SuperTrapp slip-ons. I ended up with some Chicom p.o.s. knock-offs. I could see right away that the set was of inferior build-quality. A phone-call tio SuperTrapp sales rep. verified my claim - even the serial number was bogus. To give you a clue about the quality - the set was delivered in a used appliance box filled with construction-foam!!!!) instead of PVC or Styrene...
After a lengthy correspondance the seller accepted a return but refused to pay for any quality carrier like DHL or FedEx just USPS! And guess what the dude from USPS delivered the box but didn't get a signature. So the seller claimed later on that I never returned the items. I had the tracking data but no conformation of delivery (signature missing). And this was a real eye-opener; the money-back gurantee from ebay does not reimburse you if the items were lost in transit!! And USPS has their own little clause - if a package is lost in transit I can only claim a token value based on net weight of the merchandise. I got paid just US$ 75.00,- where I paid US$ 600.00(!) + handling for the set. I also tried to state my case with PayPal but they gave the same reply as ebay - sorry, no can do. This is a case for USPS!
Lesson learned - buy only from good quality retailers like Dennis Kirk, J&P Cycles etc!

Reactions: 08Zinc and E56789

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I hope karma will get that a$$hat in the end. Thanks for the warning! Lesson learned - buy only from good quality retailers like Dennis Kirk, J&P Cycles etc!
This is so true. We have expensive bikes, why should we chance blowing it by always going for the least expensive option? It pays in the long run to buy from reputable dealers and vendors. Also, it pays to be on the look for bad return policies as mentioned in previous posts. That was a lesson I had not heard of before. So, I am thankful for this thread!

Reactions: VikingRider

·
Registered
967 Posts
Thanks for sharing your bad experience with that seller.
I always read and research many reviews and consider only US sellers on eBay and through internet no phone contact on high end or pricy items is a red flag.
Rather pay higher price locally where can inspect the items and have a business to go back if needed.
Way to many sellers out of the country on Harley aftermarket parts many low quality and sometimes plain junk.
Understand been frustrated and piss after losing good chunk of money.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Sorry about the dealings, but Thank You for the heads up

·
Registered
756 Posts
I wonder if these company realize how much business they loose from negative post on MC forums, as a company id rather give a no hassle return then risk negative post on forums about my business.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, Grumpyrider.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts