Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am ordering them. I saw them on one of the parts guys bikes at my local HD. I really like them. Really comfortable. Kind of feel like the Kuryakyn ISO grips but alot beefier and more padding on your hands. The black is anodized so it looks like black with a chrome type shine... very cool grips from what I have seen. Now I just need some cash for mods LoL.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have them and find them very comfortable.

A word of warning: The Avon grips are shorter than standard grips. If you have 1 1/4" bars that step down to 1" at the controls, there will be a 1/8" -1/4" space between the controls and the larger diameter bar. It does not bother me, but I know a lot of people are very anal about the smallest details and would not be able to handle this issue.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I was going to get these grips, but HD has come out with a new grip for this year that is very close in looks to the Avon and Performance Machine grips for $90. Alot cheaper in price and they are a direct fit for our bikes. I am not a promoter of HD parts, I usually like after market custom parts, but for the price these are real nice and they have plenty of rubber for cushion.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I was going to get these grips, but HD has come out with a new grip for this year that is very close in looks to the Avon and Performance Machine grips for $90. Alot cheaper in price and they are a direct fit for our bikes. I am not a promoter of HD parts, I usually like after market custom parts, but for the price these are real nice and they have plenty of rubber for cushion.
DO you have any pics or links? I have not heard anything about these new grips and would love to see them before I go with Avon.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Anyone have any imput on these grips? Good or bad?

Thanks
Got 'em. Really like 'em. I did them in black on my black bars, with black levers and mirrors...look is pretty bad ass and they're comfortable with excellent grip.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also have these grips.....they are great!
Shop around I got mine for $48.95.....can`t recall where.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Very nice! I am impressed to see the moco actually design something useful for under the 100 mark!
I am waiting till March for these. Go to your local dealership and ask the parts dept for the new supplemental catalog for this year. They have come out with a few new things that are cool and descent priced. Yes the MoCo is finally starting to come on board with new designs and prices.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have only been able to see the new stuff from the supplemental catalog that just came out 2 weeks ago. The parts manager from the Kitty Hawk HD dealership went to the big HD expo the week before and came back with the catalogs.

If anyone ever rides through the Outer Banks in NC stop by the Kitty Hawk dealership and talk to Tony, really good guy and very helpful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just a heads up about these grips, been thinking about them myself and dennis kirk has Avon Black Air Cushioned Grip for 73.99 and Galindo Designs Air Cushioned Grip for 56.99, exact same grip Galindo Designs grips even have the same Avon logo. Must be part of the same company.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have them. They are GOOD!:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was super happy with these grips when I first purchased. But now they are rubbing away and don't have the "nobs" any more in certain areas. They are smooth in certain areas especially on the left grip. My buddy has the same grips with similar results. I wear gloves all the time so really not a big deal but still would have preferred they look new like when I purchased them.

Still very comfy though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the air grips and love them. 49.69 at Murray's Cycle on E-Bay. Free shipping. I also road a friends bike with the new Harley grip. Direct copy of the RSD or Avon contour grip. For $90 I would go with the Pro. Machine version , or spend half on the Avon style. Unless you must have a bar and shield on your grip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts