Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some Cobra Chromes on the 2020 road glide special...they seem fine until I get to 110kpm and up..then I can feel a sort of wobble, and it gets a little worse in long high speed bends. I have checked the tires, no visible defects, everything looks good. The garage where they installed the tires said that they had a hard time balancing them. Could this be causing the wobble, poor balancing? I have tried higher pressure, lower pressure...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Im guessing a bad tire/ bad balance seeing as they had a hard time balanceing it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just put the same tires on this week on a 2020 RGS, I mount and balance my own and was surprised at how easy mine balanced. I agree it must be a balance issue

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,043 Posts
Sometimes, a tire is out of round - but also, a rim can be a little as well and need the tire to be spun some more on a specific rim. Not all shops will spend the time to spin it again, but good ones will try. I love the Avon Chromes but haven't been able to track one down in my size since August of last year, otherwise I would ride nothing else, I am now on Bridgestone H50 tires and am not impressed thus far

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Sometimes, a tire is out of round - but also, a rim can be a little as well and need the tire to be spun some more on a specific rim. Not all shops will spend the time to spin it again, but good ones will try. I love the Avon Chromes but haven't been able to track one down in my size since August of last year, otherwise I would ride nothing else, I am now on Bridgestone H50 tires and am not impressed thus far
The H50s aren’t my fav either but they’re decent in my dry climate. Did you ever run American Elites? What did u think? I’ve never tried them. @hdnali just got some and he likes them so far. The Chromes look cool too, but I really miss my MCIII’s

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,043 Posts
The H50s aren’t my fav either but they’re decent in my dry climate. Did you ever run American Elites? What did u think? I’ve never tried them. @hdnali just got some and he likes them so far. The Chromes look cool too, but I really miss my MCIII’s
Never tried the American Elites, the OE Dunlops cupped so easy that I decided to stay away from all Dunlops. Went to the Chromes and for my winding mountain roads and rain riding, they just work. I'm finding these H50s really like to wander on paint, wet or dry.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Never tried the American Elites, the OE Dunlops cupped so easy that I decided to stay away from all Dunlops. Went to the Chromes and for my winding mountain roads and rain riding, they just work. I'm finding these H50s really like to wander on paint, wet or dry.
I run the American Elite in the front and there's no problem with cupping

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I put some Cobra Chromes on the 2020 road glide special...they seem fine until I get to 110kpm and up..then I can feel a sort of wobble, and it gets a little worse in long high speed bends. I have checked the tires, no visible defects, everything looks good. The garage where they installed the tires said that they had a hard time balancing them. Could this be causing the wobble, poor balancing? I have tried higher pressure, lower pressure...
The garage that installed the tires didn't remove the original weights, that is why they had trouble balancing the tires. Had them rebalanced at Harley dealership, they had 4 1/2 ounces on the front and 3 on the rear. After Harley finished, and they rotated the tires on the rims, 1 1/2 ounces on the front and 1/2 ounce on the rear, and the wobble is gone....smooth and silky ride now, and they stick in the corners like they are on rails...solid...

Reactions: azgrumbles
1 - 8 of 8 Posts