Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new set of Khrome Werks "Stretched" Hertitage Bars to my RGU. BTW great bars and just that extra pullback and height needed over the HD Heritage "Style" Bars.

I purchased a set of Avon cusion grips and they just do not fit the bars correctly. The throtle side went on great but would hang up when twisting it. Not loose didnt seem overly tight when I put it on the bar. Even without the controls mounted the grip would hand up and not turn back. (Put my stock grips back on and NO issues at all)

As for the clutch side OMG way to tight. Tried to lube the bar and it still would not go on the bar.

I have read about the grips being sloppy but anyone have an issue like this?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Maybe a bad set of grips? I have the avon grips and they went on fine. Throttle side works great and clutch side slipped on fine. I do however have the 12" Outlawz. Maybe the bars?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I just put them on my bike also no problems but im running HCC bars but that shouldnt be the problem as all bars are standerd at the grips.hope you figure it out

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had thought maybe the new bars however my stock grips went right on them and worked like a charm.

I am hoping this is just a manufacturing issue and I just Emailed Phat Performance where I purchased them to see if they can send out another set and take this set back.

I really like the feel of the Avon Cushion Grips. Much better feel then the HD Get A Grips or even the Kury ISO grips.

We shall see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts