Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently swapped out my HD Retro grips for a pair of the Avon Custom Contour black anodized grips. I put about 850ish miles on them last weekend and I'm really diggin them.

I used shaving cream to lube up the bar on the left/clutch side and the grip slid right on. About 30 min later I couldn't twist the grip any longer. The left/clutch side grip is just a touch smaller in diameter than the right/throttle side given the throttle grip already has a rigid tube in the I.D. of the grip. That bothered me a little but the difference is pretty slight and I got over it. They look great on a bike headed toward blacked out and are far more comfortable than the HD retro grips. The rubber is "Grippy" but not tacky or sticky even after 6 to 7 hours on the road in June (88 degrees was the temp on my long ride).

Got them on ebay for $38 plus shipping. Great value given I got them so cheap.

They also have a set of grips called Jack Hammers that look cool for the blacked out look.

I've done a lot of mods to my 09 RG lately and will posting several product reviews.

T

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that I wear a large glove 90% of the time. Every now an again I wear a medium. These grips might not be a good fit for someone with really large hands.

T

1 - 2 of 2 Posts