Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a full biketronics
Sony AX5000 kit to go along with the biketronics amp, infinity front speakers and Pioneer 6x9 in the bags that I had been running with the boom radio. Got everything installed which was a pretty straight forward install. Put everything back together and crazy issue with hand controls..push left thumb control towards tank=volume down, push right thumb control in is volume up, nothing else does anything? Is there something I may have missed in the install? I started messing with Sony Custom controls but could not get anywhere..I would program left thumb down for vol. down, then try to do up for vol up and said I can not use same control...something seems screwed up but I don't know how..it's pretty much plug and play...any help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Got a full biketronics
Sony AX5000 kit to go along with the biketronics amp, infinity front speakers and Pioneer 6x9 in the bags that I had been running with the boom radio. Got everything installed which was a pretty straight forward install. Put everything back together and crazy issue with hand controls..push left thumb control towards tank=volume down, push right thumb control in is volume up, nothing else does anything? Is there something I may have missed in the install? I started messing with Sony Custom controls but could not get anywhere..I would program left thumb down for vol. down, then try to do up for vol up and said I can not use same control...something seems screwed up but I don't know how..it's pretty much plug and play...any help would be greatly appreciated..
Got mine from Fathead Cycles, had control sync worked perfect, no Idea what type of system Biketronics has but the Metra kit had a Block that was programmed for the controls that gave you a series of LED blinks to confirm.

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Contact who you got it from before anything else and ask them what's up. It may not be the same interface wiring as the one from Fathead so it may not help, but if you get no help from the seller I'd check out the videos on the Fathead website. Maybe it is the same setup. The part that gets programmed on the Fathead setup is called an AWSC-1 or something similar.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called Biketronics and in about 15 mins everything is working as it should. Mike showed me how to reset the module and we are making sweet music again...pretty much unplug the module, let it sit for a min plug back in...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Glad to hear you got it worked out. Did you get the magnetic rain cover with it? I’m thinking about getting the same unit but I’d only get it from biketronics cause of the cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts