Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little curious about the piece the dealer did not and I guess could not install laying on my shop stool. The other side is installed, but not this one, do they make a different size for the Hot Legs by Arlen Ness?

Is this even safe?

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
They Might Make A Different Size For Those Legs, But They Can't Just Simply Not Install OnE Spacer. You Need To Get New Spacers From Arlen Ness, And If The Dealer Said You Are Good To Go Then Get A New Dealer As well

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They Might Make A Different Size For Those Legs, But They Can't Just Simply Not Install OnE Spacer. You Need To Get New Spacers From Arlen Ness, And If The Dealer Said You Are Good To Go Then Get A New Dealer As well

Are you saying this from a safety perspective or just looks?

·
Registered
280 Posts
safety wise you are ok... However, that is about as cheesy as a dealer can get. You can go to any of the wheel manufactures and get the wheel spacer you need. IMO

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
The dealer installed the right side but not the left?

I'm assuming your bike has ABS......the spacer for the left side is different (for the ABS) on that side, and typically doesn't come with "the kit"

If I had to guess anyway :p

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
The dealer installed the right side but not the left?

I'm assuming your bike has ABS......the spacer for the left side is different (for the ABS) on that side, and typically doesn't come with "the kit"

If I had to guess anyway :p
That's exactly what I was thinking too. I'm still confused as to why the axle is still showing on the right side though. The gap between the spacer and the fork leg looks odd. Could it be due to the opening in the center of the rotor? Looks to me like a different spacer is needed.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
that doesn't look right at all. i can understand not using the big solid spacer on the left side because of the abs. on the abs side, it is just a cover that looks like the same spacer but it's just a thin stamped piece of chromed metal.

RIGHT SIDE

LEFT SIDE (not a spacer, just looks like one because of the abs)

it looks like he only used the stock spacer on the right side. there is a conical shaped spacer that matches the inner hub of the agitator wheel. looks like he installed the fork lowers and didn't use the chrome spacer kit, only the stock one.

my buddy's looked like that on the right side when he got the chrome agitators without getting the chrome front end kit.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
That's a much better look for sure skratch.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I wrote to Native Baggers where I bought the legs from and this was there response.

"That is not the axle showing. They used a stock axle spacer because that fat one won't fit with the Ness legs as is. You could have a notch machined out of the fat one so it will fit or you could powder coat the stock axle spacer black."

Does anyone know of a spacer that will fit without modification that will match the one I already have?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that doesn't look right at all. i can understand not using the big solid spacer on the left side because of the abs. on the abs side, it is just a cover that looks like the same spacer but it's just a thin stamped piece of chromed metal.

RIGHT SIDE

LEFT SIDE (not a spacer, just looks like one because of the abs)

it looks like he only used the stock spacer on the right side. there is a conical shaped spacer that matches the inner hub of the agitator wheel. looks like he installed the fork lowers and didn't use the chrome spacer kit, only the stock one.

my buddy's looked like that on the right side when he got the chrome agitators without getting the chrome front end kit.

My left side looks like yours, its just the right size that looks half azzed

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
My left side looks like yours, its just the right size that looks half azzed
yep, and the reply posted above confirms what i said. stock axle spacer. there is another spacer that the dealer 'maybe' could have used. its a conical shaped spacer that follows the lines of the agitator hub, as opposed to the rounded one, like i have, and that you show sitting on the stool in your op. it comes in the chrome front end kit for the 'older' bikes, but i don't know why it wouldn't fit, the same fork lowers have been used since 2000.

you might also contact ness and see if they have specific spacers that go with their fork lowers.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
This spacer above (RC tapered will not work. It needs to be just like a stock spacer on a regular non cvo bagger. If you look at the inside of the Ness legs they are not recessed to allow fitment of a tapered spacer either. I had a customer with this issue last week.

We pulled a set of Hot Legs off the shelf and figured out the problem pretty quick.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
This spacer above (RC tapered will not work. It needs to be just like a stock spacer on a regular non cvo bagger. If you look at the inside of the Ness legs they are not recessed to allow fitment of a tapered spacer either. I had a customer with this issue last week.

We pulled a set of Hot Legs off the shelf and figured out the problem pretty quick.
you would know better than i. was just throwing possibilities out there. thinking the conical shape would fit better than the rounded. seems to me that if those spacers don't fit, wouldn't ness make some that would?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

So only the style like what is on the bike now will work ???

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only a stock style spacer off a non cvo bagger. Just a non tapered stock looking spacer.
Does your shop sell anything inchrome that looks better than what i have on the bike now?

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I got this straightened out, if anyone else runs into this. You need a spacer that is cone shaped so it will not hit the area that is not cut out on the Hot Legs. Easy fix once I found a vendor that had one and knew what I needed.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those may work on a non CVO model, but would not match up with the Agitator wheel and still look good. They really need to be cone shaped to fit the Agitator wheel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts