Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its cooling down now. But highest I saw was 119°. Let's just say it feels like youre holding two skillet handles while someone is blowing your arms with a heat gun. Intense!

·
Registered
389 Posts
It was as hot as I have seen in the last 20 years, SMOKING! Just as hot tomorrow! DAMN.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, no thanks. Rode in that kind of weather when I was stationed in el centro. Love San Diego weather
San Diego/El Cajon is the shit! Although it was 107 today...tons of great riding out there though. Thats why I go ther every year. >:) that and great friends out there

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wish I didn't have to work Friday. Next time.
Anytime, Open invitation every Sunday. About 25 to 30 of us are riding up to the Born Free motorcycle show this Saturday the 25th.
5305 Santiago Canyon Road
Silverado Ca. 92676

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Damn........my skin was leaking big time yesterday in a Midwest 90 and muggy day atop a BT103 but I see you cats had it much worse

Drank so much water thaI sweated it out and barely even pissed yesterday - Rolled out at 9a and back home by 4p and did not piss once

·
Registered
654 Posts
Damn........my skin was leaking big time yesterday in a Midwest 90 and muggy day atop a BT103 but I see you cats had it much worse

Drank so much water thaI sweated it out and barely even pissed yesterday - Rolled out at 9a and back home by 4p and did not piss once
LOL. Yup. Been about 90 in Ontario as well. I was thinking that was hot. But the AZ folks, I don't know how you do it.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
We escape to our cabin up on the rim. But, even at 7,800' elevation it was still in the upper 80s. Got back to the valley & it was 120º, so grabbed a frosty beverage & got in the pool.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
When I was scouting SW III rides I had the good fortune to be traveling through Las Vegas and Baker on the day that the news was reporting what could be the highest temperature ever recorded, if not in the world, then certainly in the U.S. They were predicting 129 or 130 in Death Valley and I wasn't that far away on the 10. Just east of Vegas I had to put on my gauntlet leather gloves just to be able to hold my grips. Going through Baker it was 126, and my riding partner pulled over into a station that happened to have and outdoor shower (why I'm not real sure) just west of Baker. Lady owner of the station saw us coming and waved us into a shaded parking spot. He got off the bike and just walked right into the shower, clothes and all. I declined the shower but did suck down quite a few Gatorades.

Oh, and they ended up not setting that record all time temperature in Death Valley - but several hundred people were there frying eggs on the highway, much to the dismay of CALTRANS.

·
Registered
317 Posts
'we got lucky today up here in Nor cal. It only reached 100 today. Still too hot to be riding for any reason other than an emergency.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
When I was scouting SW III rides I had the good fortune to be traveling through Las Vegas and Baker on the day that the news was reporting what could be the highest temperature ever recorded, if not in the world, then certainly in the U.S. They were predicting 129 or 130 in Death Valley and I wasn't that far away on the 10. Just east of Vegas I had to put on my gauntlet leather gloves just to be able to hold my grips. Going through Baker it was 126, and my riding partner pulled over into a station that happened to have and outdoor shower (why I'm not real sure) just west of Baker. Lady owner of the station saw us coming and waved us into a shaded parking spot. He got off the bike and just walked right into the shower, clothes and all. I declined the shower but did suck down quite a few Gatorades.

Oh, and they ended up not setting that record all time temperature in Death Valley - but several hundred people were there frying eggs on the highway, much to the dismay of CALTRANS.
The Furnace Creek station in Death Valley has the record for hottest temperature on earth: 134º on July 10, 1913.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts