Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a rumor in the other forum of MoCo possible adding the FXRT fairing to the LRs (see pic below) in 2022........would be great if they finally do it, but I think the pic is a fake.......that fairing is fugly.....

Reactions: TroyAK and Jeff_S

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
ew. i think i just threw up in my mouth...

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,569 Posts
It's missing an additional headlight and good styling. 😆

·
Registered
2020 River Rock RGS “Stage 1, Legends, Rockford, Ciro3D, Saddlemen, FXR Motorwitch Bars”
110 Posts
As long as the price is within reason and isn’t knocking on the door of bigger bagger pricing. Say mid $20k and the fairing has some sort of Bluetooth speaker, I dig it!

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
I sure hope the do something like that but in true MoCo Fashion, it will be an empty faring - You want Speakers and an Integrated Head Unit....buy a touring bike - You want Hard Bags, they will be the little ones from the Sport Glide.

I would GLADLY plop $1K down to "Build My Own" so to speak and by that I mean sit in front of my laptop at home and select what I want and then click "Order" and wait.....3 months, 6 months? Sure, I have nothing else to do in Winter

1. Heritage Softail Frame and 114 Motor
2. Touring Sized Hard Bags
3. Touring Faring with Speakers and Head Unit
4. Upgraded Ohlins Rear Shock
5. Color Option
6. Bar Option
7. Peg and Board Option
8. LED Option
9. Rim and tire option
10. Exhaust, AC & Stage Option

Build exactly what i want from the factory and then I would HAPPILY Pay a premium ......

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I agree. Spend a little more time and money, but overall, a cheaper bike. No wasting time ordering other parts and changing it all.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,569 Posts
I sure hope the do something like that but in true MoCo Fashion, it will be an empty faring - You want Speakers and an Integrated Head Unit....buy a touring bike - You want Hard Bags, they will be the little ones from the Sport Glide.

I would GLADLY plop $1K down to "Build My Own" so to speak and by that I mean sit in front of my laptop at home and select what I want and then click "Order" and wait.....3 months, 6 months? Sure, I have nothing else to do in Winter

1. Heritage Softail Frame and 114 Motor
2. Touring Sized Hard Bags
3. Touring Faring with Speakers and Head Unit
4. Upgraded Ohlins Rear Shock
5. Color Option
6. Bar Option
7. Peg and Board Option
8. LED Option
9. Rim and tire option
10. Exhaust, AC & Stage Option

Build exactly what i want from the factory and then I would HAPPILY Pay a premium ......
It's kinda cute that you think Harley would even entertain your cockamamie day dream with this new corporate direction they're heading, but sometimes laddie, dreams come true; just ask Hollywood. ;)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's kinda cute that you think Harley would even entertain your cockamamie day dream with this new corporate direction they're heading, but sometimes laddie, dreams come true; just ask Hollywood. ;)
I would love to see SE's idea, but sadly will never happen.....the dealers would scream bloody murder since a majority of their bread and butter comes from installing upgrades.........

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Reaching for the Stars while keeping my feet on the ground - If you can do so with a Car....why not

Hell, did you ever think you could buy a Car from your Phone and have it delivered to your house? - Cockamamie Idea that is now part of everyday life...?

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
I would love to see SE's idea, but sadly will never happen.....the dealers would scream bloody murder since a majority of their bread and butter comes from installing upgrades.........
The MoCo could find a way to get the dealers their share - Ship the Bike and Parts to the local shop for install and give them a cut....not a difficult work around - Hell, the shop could even charge for delivery and make a few scheckles

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find it hard to believe that MoCO would display a future model or accessory outside for everybody to see.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts