Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back about 1030 this morning from Elkhart Indiana and picking up the camper .

Left Saturday and ran to Grand Rivers Ky to Patti's for pork chops and then ran up the Parkway to Etown and on to Indy and up I69 to Marion and Fairmount , then into Elkhart Sunday afternoon ..

Was at TimeOut Monday to get hitch installed and wired , left there and ran down to Franklin Ky yesterday and into home this morning ..

1656 miles , 49 mpg going up . 38 coming back , dont ever run US31 from Elkhart to Indy , 150 miles takes for ever ..

Met one RG at Seymour Ind. around MM 58 ( Monday ) , then another around MM 25 or so , then one at the Ind-Ky line in Ind. , then another in Derby just shy of the OH10 river bridge , then another this morning near Huntsville ..

Pics to follow

JtB

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Wow, the trailer kills 10mpg, or are there more factors involved?

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really didnt know what to expect on mileage ..

The 84 and 88 Tour Glides ( 80" carbed five speeds which FWIW I like better than the RG's ) did 44 one up and two up loaded or unloaded , and did 38 with a 250# camper running 70-80 mph which was around 32-3300 rpm IIRC ..

Thats about a 14% drop on the TG and a 23% drop on the RG ..

Cant say why , this camper is heavier than the other one was , at about 400# ..
I did pull some good hills just north of Etown on I65 in fifth running about 75 ..
I did get one tank to do 41 keeping it under 65 mph which would be a 16% drop , that may be the key to this one , not running hard , which I dont do much these days , but I do crank the rpms a bit

JtB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts