Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost got rid of her. she was boring.... I had more fun on my 2000 SE RG.
Now finally got her almost where I want her

Added.
FOX shocks w/rebound
Saddle man seat
vance hines slip ons
factory 47 14"
LED signals
4 Hurtz speakers with a Stinger 4 channel amp, All In the fairing. sounds good at 90mph

I put 300 miles on her since monday. Way happier!

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
Looking good! Always glad to hear when people are enjoying their ride.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Nice looking ride

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'd like to know more about the 4 speakers in the fairing thing...
Would like to see pics and more info on this. That was a big drawback for me looking at the new fairing design. Had 4 in my '13. Just a big believer that you get more sound when it is in front of you, when you are going 75mph. With my hearing deficiencies, just felt 2 6.5's were not going to give me enough. I ended up putting the FF 4 speaker setup on my '17 Road King Special and making the Road Glide I wanted.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Phew... That was a close one.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Now you're talkin, son! show her a little attention, spend a little green on her, respect her..... and she will put a smile on your face that will last for years to come! Glide-on!

·
Registered
546 Posts
+1 on wanting to know more about the 4 speakers in the fairing.

Reactions: glidedawg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill get some pictures and a write up this weekend and add a link here....
Needed to keep room in my bags and ride mostly at 80+ with a full face. Happy with what I have.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I’ve seen a number of folks running Factory 47 bars. They look great! But, wow! They are almost 2x other similar bars. What makes them so great? For example, similar Mayhem style bars from KST are $255 vs Factory 47’s $450. Is there really that big of a diff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Mods make the ride, JMO but stock sucks, maybe if you ride for a burger and back, but when on the weekends you spend close to 10 hours on that scoot those mods definitely make you smile and make the experience that much better. Congrats looks killer.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts

Added.
FOX shocks w/rebound
Saddle man seat
vance hines slip ons
factory 47 14"
LED signals
4 Hurtz speakers with a Stinger 4 channel amp, All In the fairing. sounds good at 90mph

Can you do me a favor. Move your bars forward an inch or so to line up with the front end. JK. Keep em where they're comfy. I'm the guy that will sacrifice some function for form. :nerd:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I’ve seen a number of folks running Factory 47 bars. They look great! But, wow! They are almost 2x other similar bars. What makes them so great? For example, similar Mayhem style bars from KST are $255 vs Factory 47’s $450. Is there really that big of a diff?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Factory 47s are not sleeved at the bottom at the clamp. That's solid steel turned down. The welds and chrome quality are outstanding and never ruined a wire on a sharp edge pulling them through. F47S are also 1.5" not 1.25". Its one part I dont blink to spend the money on. Had 12s on my 16 RGS. 14s on my Freewheeler and this friday I will be ordering another set of 12s in black for my 19 RGS. In the "get what ya pay for" world. These are top quality. worth 450? To me yes. But I buy them on black friday. 15% off.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Factory 47s are not sleeved at the bottom at the clamp. That's solid steel turned down. The welds and chrome quality are outstanding and never ruined a wire on a sharp edge pulling them through. F47S are also 1.5" not 1.25". Its one part I dont blink to spend the money on. Had 12s on my 16 RGS. 14s on my Freewheeler and this friday I will be ordering another set of 12s in black for my 19 RGS. In the "get what ya pay for" world. These are top quality. worth 450? To me yes. But I buy them on black friday. 15% off.
Plus 1 on this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can't speak for other bar manufacturers but the are top shelf! I have bought 2 sets and installed 3, easy install and top quality.

If you sweet talk em John they may throw in a t-shirt :grin:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Added.
FOX shocks w/rebound
Saddle man seat
vance hines slip ons
factory 47 14"
LED signals

First of all, I am jealous of your FOX shocks! I also found that a new set of tires makes a huge difference in control and quality of the ride. I hadn't noticed the ride quality degrading as the tires wore, but at 20K miles I wasn't enjoying the ride as much as new. After new tires, back to new riding enjoyment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts