Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running a CVO solo seat currently. I had thought about getting a tour pack and mount that puts the pack up behind me so I could use it as a back rest but thats an expensive way to get a backrest. Does anybody make a rider back rest for solo seats? One that the bracket looks a little more finished, since you will be seeing it? Also, the few ones I have tried seem to sit me straight up and forward. Id like to find one that leans back a little or maybe one that is adjustable. Does one of these even exist?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Which ones have you tried? I can't find any. I have the same seat.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There's some recent info on this site. SteadyEddy says that only 1 company makes them. Try a search.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
There's some recent info on this site. SteadyEddy says that only 1 company makes them. Try a search.
It's likely the cvobackrest.com site that looks sketchy at best.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No rfg7680. I didn't mean that I had found one that works with my seat, I just meant that any of the bikes I've sat on with a back rest, I didn't like

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
No rfg7680. I didn't mean that I had found one that works with my seat, I just meant that any of the bikes I've sat on with a back rest, I didn't like
Gotcha. My Mustang vintage solo had a nice backrest. Plenty of adjustment. But the seat was too hard. So I went with this one. Glad I did. I just would like a backrest too. I'll see if I can dig up that site.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
The site leaves lots to be desired. Have you used them or seen them in person? Do they have any adjustment? They look good for sure
I have not. Because the site looks hokie at best. And the original company from what I understand made them for 75 bucks or something real cheap.

Hopefully @SteadyEddie replies.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Nothing Sketchy about them - I ordered mine as did my neighbor and a few others I know too - I believe they are made by Grasshopper Limited and are sold through an MC "bad Boys" or some shit - I had no issues getting mine - I believe there is/was a Co called Bitchin Stichin that does them too but I took my neighbors word for it as he got his from that CVO site I posted so I took a shot and all was fine

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Oh and they are NOT adjustable like the HD one - It goes on, you can tinker with height but once tightened, there it is - Minor "flex" but sturdy.....and I like that in a back rest as I need all the support I can get

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh and they are NOT adjustable like the HD one - It goes on, you can tinker with height but once tightened, there it is - Minor "flex" but sturdy.....and I like that in a back rest as I need all the support I can get

@SteadyEddie can you post up a pic or two? Mainly of the bracket.. I'm very interested in these.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Nothing Sketchy about them - I ordered mine as did my neighbor and a few others I know too - I believe they are made by Grasshopper Limited and are sold through an MC "bad Boys" or some shit - I had no issues getting mine - I believe there is/was a Co called Bitchin Stichin that does them too but I took my neighbors word for it as he got his from that CVO site I posted so I took a shot and all was fine
I'm close to ordering it now. Just worried about it matching my diamond stitch. It's tan.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Bike is all tucked in right now so sorry for the shadow type pic ......I'll try and take one or two tomorrow when it is out in the sun - The pics on that site are spot on in terms of looks - There is a pic of a Silver SG and a pic of a black bike with speaker lids that give a good close up of the pad that are again, spot on.

Mind you, I swapped out the pad that comes with the CVO Backrest for the Harley CVO pad too as it matches my CVO seat perfectly

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/short-passenger-backrest-pad-pa-01-52300361--1

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bike is all tucked in right now so sorry for the shadow type pic ......I'll try and take one or two tomorrow when it is out in the sun - The pics on that site are spot on in terms of looks - There is a pic of a Silver SG and a pic of a black bike with speaker lids that give a good close up of the pad that are again, spot on.

Mind you, I swapped out the pad that comes with the CVO Backrest for the Harley CVO pad too as it matches my CVO seat perfectly

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/short-passenger-backrest-pad-pa-01-52300361--1

I've got the cvo pad already.. If possible, can you take a pic from the side and possibly take a pic with the passenger seat off? I know I'm asking allot, just trying to get the best idea of what it looks like before I buy one.. Thx

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
I've got the cvo pad already.. If possible, can you take a pic from the side and possibly take a pic with the passenger seat off? I know I'm asking allot, just trying to get the best idea of what it looks like before I buy one.. Thx
Not trying to be a dick Bro but all the shots you are asking for are listed on the site already - The Pic of the Silver SG knocks out both your pic requests and there are many side shots and many solo seat shots too - Scroll through them all - I have the same seat and same set up as in these pics......nothing different about mine and the quality of these pics are far superior

Harley Davidson CVO Backrest - HomeHarley Davidson CVO Backrest | The only rider's backrest for CVO from 2012 to Current

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just reached out to grasshopper about a backrest for the CVO seat and they sent me the cvobackrest.com address. So it appears they have some type of affiliation with these guys... Just passing along that info.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I ordered one. Should be here this week... We will see how it looks.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Well I ordered one. Should be here this week... We will see how it looks.
Dig it - I am sure you will be happy - I think Grasshopper gave all distro rights to that MC but can attest to the product - It will look flimsy when you unpack it and then see the small allen used to tighten it down but have had mine on 2 bikes now without any issues and logged thousands of miles hassle free and comfortable

1 - 20 of 31 Posts